Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Angela's Ashes: originally scope?

Author Topic: Angela's Ashes: originally scope?
Andrew D'Vrey
Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2000 02:51 AM      Profile for Andrew D'Vrey   Email Andrew D'Vrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could've sworn when we had a preview of Angela's it was a scope print. Now that it has been released wide it is flat. Anyone else do a sneak of Angela's Ashes that can tell me I'm not crazy?

------------------
"And the monkey flips the switch."
- Major Don West, "Lost In Space"

Andrew D'Vrey
IATSE Local 219

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 01-23-2000 03:26 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In order to accomodate both scope and flat features, studios will release trailers in both formats. The studio can and sometimes will frame a flat movie into a scope trailer so that it does in fact fill up the whole screen, this way it looks much more pleasing to the consumer, even if it is misleading and just too damn bad, because ALL films should be full cinemascope if you ask me, and you haven't.

------------------
"If it's not worth doing, I have allready been there and done it"

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-23-2000 03:32 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You meant the feature, didn't you? Not the trailer...

Andrew D'Vrey
Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2000 12:56 AM      Profile for Andrew D'Vrey   Email Andrew D'Vrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, we had a sneak preview of the full feature of Angelas Ashes about two months ago and I swear it was scope then.

Yes, I know about trailers and I wholeheartedly agree Cinemascope all the wall.

------------------
"And the monkey flips the switch."
- Major Don West, "Lost In Space"

Andrew D'Vrey
IATSE Local 219

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: