Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Forum Q not in FAQ

Author Topic: Forum Q not in FAQ
John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-22-2000 01:39 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there! Three things:

How can I get the forum program to place another cookie so I don't have to type in my name and password. I reloaded my NT machine and lost it.

How do you get images to appear? I have all those dirty projection room smut-pictures I know you want to see!

Would it be better to change the font used on the forum to a proportional font, so people could draw ACSII art?

(Not a question, but) Did you know that when a person uses Netscape, you don't get the 'review topic messages' area at the bottom of the screen when typing a reply?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-22-2000 01:59 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Click on preferences and delete all cookies from this forum. That should force a new one.

Email me the images and I will resize them and load them into your posts. Make sure to tell me in the email which thread and such it is to go in. You can simply put a note <PICTURE COMING> in the text and I will edit that note out once I insert the picture.

If you want ASCII art, may I recommend www.asciimation.co.nz where you may watch Star Wars Episode 4 in full digital ASCII-mation!

What version of Netscape are you using?

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2000 02:25 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad
I've looked for the "delete all cookies" part of "preferences" a couple of times but have had no luck. Can you spell it out for me and the other "software challenged" users here (if any). I'm using Netscape 4.7

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-22-2000 03:35 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. didn't work. I think I did it correctly...

I'm using Netscape 4.7.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-22-2000 04:46 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I am using Netscape 4.6

I will have to download the newest version this week and check things out. More to come.

Bill Purdy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2000 10:19 AM      Profile for Bill Purdy   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Purdy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try this sequence:

Explorer
Programs
Netscape
Users
Open "Cookies.txt" and delete any or all.
Hereafter, you just go to:
Start
Documents
and then you will see the "cookies.txt" as a recently opened file until you open so many that it gets pushed off the list.

If you are using Microsoft IE, I can't help you.

------------------
Bill Purdy
Comonent Engineering

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2000 08:58 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill, I found them and deleted them. Now to see if it works

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2000 09:20 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the next day now... I must have something else wrong with my computer. I still can't get my name and password to appear in the blanks untill I post once in a session. The it will do it. Suggestions?

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2000 10:02 AM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have to type my password everytime i post but my username appears when i click 2 times on the left mouse swicth.

I have deleted all 'cookies' BTW i use Microsoft Explorer 98.

It will be nice if my password will appear as well

Joshua Lott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2000 03:32 PM      Profile for Joshua Lott   Author's Homepage   Email Joshua Lott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This may have already been looked at, but do you guy's have "accept cookies Yes" selected in the film tech prefereneces?

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2000 03:50 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I'll try that. Doesn't seem like it's been a year. Maybe it's a calendar year?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-26-2000 11:29 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure about the calendar year, but I do know the program is supposed to hold your name and password via a cookie after you're entered it in once...per browser session.

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2000 06:54 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! I thought it was suppose to be there automatically all the time, I did check preferences and it was checked "no" amd I checked it "yes". Today I checked it again and it was checked "No" again.

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2000 03:55 PM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It works fine now on my PC ( Explorer ).

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-28-2000 08:57 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
F.Y.I. I have found many other users of this forum program are having this and many other problems with Netscape release 7.0.

If you have or can get the earlier version, you might want to go back. This is apparently not the only web program that the 7.0 version is not functioning with properly.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: