Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Bauer reverse scan

Author Topic: Bauer reverse scan
Devriendt Miguel
Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2000 02:45 PM      Profile for Devriendt Miguel   Email Devriendt Miguel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
is there anyone who knows if there is a reverse scan (with red led or laser )
for a bauer u4,
i know that kelmar once had them but they don't make them anymore

|  IP: Logged

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2000 03:20 PM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While we are at the subject talking reverse scan, is there a reverse scan kit made for the DP70/Norelco projector?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-08-2000 03:54 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>"While we are at the subject talking reverse scan, is there a reverse
scan kit made for the DP70/Norelco projector?"<<

Yes!!! And the manufacturer is .... Kinoton!! An end-user discovered that if he took their standard basement reader and flipped it upside-down, it would work in the DP-70. Kinoton has adopted the idea and now offers it as an upgrade.

I know of another manufacturer that is working on basement reader for the DP-70 as well but hasn't finished it yet.

This presumes you want Dolby Digital since the DP-70 has been reverse scan since it's inception. Ultra-Stereo makes a JAXLIGHT for it if you just want the red LED fiasco.

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2000 07:21 PM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could try Component egineering or contact Kinoton,There are a lot of Bauers mostly U3s and a few U4s in use here in Australia(I have spent a few years sweating over a Bauer, good machine)and I believe that Kinoton now make spares for bauers,just a thought.

------------------

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2000 10:00 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, I just checked Kelmar's website and it says that kit # AT-1298 is for the Bauer U3 AND U4 projectors.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 01-08-2000 10:52 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call the Naro Expanded Cinema in Norfolk, VA. They have a pair of U-2s (the big green ones with the square reel magazines). As they explained it to me, they had to convert to LED reverse-scan because the exciter bulbs for those projectors were no longer available. I believe that the cost was about $800 per machine.

Serge Bosschaerts
Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2000 05:36 AM      Profile for Serge Bosschaerts   Author's Homepage   Email Serge Bosschaerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that you also live in Belgium.
Have you already tried ARC in Brussels ?
I know that one of their technicians, Marcel Fontaine, has already made some LCD reverse scans for the Bauer B12 and B11.
Maybe he has done it also for the Bauer U4.
Are you having trouble with the analog reader ?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: