Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » your first day

Author Topic: your first day
Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-23-1999 07:52 PM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many of us remember our first shift in the box?How did you feel when you walked into the box? how did you first get into the idustry.There must be some good stories out there.I first go into the business with out realising it.One afternoon I was standing outside the local theatre looking to see what was on and the door opened,the old fellow asked could I carry the trunks of film upstairs and there would be a free pass in it for me so obliged there were 22 trunks to lug up the stairs.After that he asked me would I like to help with cleaning on saturday afternoons.After a while I learnt a lot about the business started to work in the box.I was actualy tought by his wife.In the months that followed I was doing all the projection as his wife retired and took things easy.After a while the both left the area and a mate and I took over the running of the theatre for sveral years as the owners had Know one else.At the age of 18 I obtained my projectionist licence.I owe those two people a lot for giveing me the opportunity to get into a industry that I enjoy being a part of.

------------------

|  IP: Logged

Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-1999 03:37 PM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not until you are in the booth, alone, for the first time, that you begin to reflect on how much you don't know.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: