Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » xmas (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: xmas
Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-22-1999 07:44 PM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all on the forum have a merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year.

------------------

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 12-22-1999 08:54 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and especially those who have to work on Christmas Eve or Christmas day!

Nicholas McRobert
Film Handler

- posted 12-22-1999 08:56 PM      Profile for Nicholas McRobert   Email Nicholas McRobert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second that! Wherever you are on the planet, have a SAFE and Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Nicholas McRobert
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-22-1999 10:48 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
"Yes, and especially those who have to work on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day!"

Well, gee...that's pretty much everyone here.

Merry Christmas and keep those dousers open.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-22-1999 11:54 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>"Merry Christmas and keep those dousers open."<<

And your changeovers on cue!

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Tyler Skinner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-23-1999 12:41 AM      Profile for Tyler Skinner   Email Tyler Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and to those who have to work Christmas eve AND Christmas day!

God bless the studios for sending us 6 prints on christmas eve!

If I didn't have to work the day after christmas I would soak my feet, but I can't even do that :-)

have a good one anyway :-)

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-23-1999 02:05 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, keep those dousers open! Don't close them for any reason! Even if the film is tailing out, keep 'em open!

Actually, my projectors have a disease. The disease does not allow them to function late on Christmas eve or especially New Years eve.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-23-1999 05:37 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all on the forum from Sydney, Australia.

------------------
John

Randy Loy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-23-1999 09:50 AM      Profile for Randy Loy   Email Randy Loy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all and thanks for all that you've taught me on this forum during the past year. I look forward to spending the year 2000 with you as well.

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-23-1999 10:33 AM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to every one,thanks for all the good 'posts' there has been on the forum this year

-Martin
Denmark-Europe

Wallace Logan
Film Handler

- posted 12-23-1999 11:21 AM      Profile for Wallace Logan   Email Wallace Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all on the forum, for their time to and
trouble to read and answer some great questions and teaching an old dog some new
tricks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Wallace Logan

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-23-1999 12:41 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Maybe next year we'll get those days off.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-23-1999 12:57 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For 12 years I worked on Christmass. We all know the pain of working on Christmass but I thought I would remind you of one of the pleasures.

I love driving to work on the holidays. The city is deserted and there is no traffic. I used to get to work in half the time.

These past two years I have not had to work on a holiday. It has been fun but seeing as I have no wife or children, it doesn't matter much. I am getting back into the film exhibition industry so I will be in a theatre for the next 10 years over Christmass. Even if we become very successful and have loads of managers, I think I will always go to the theatre over Christmas. It is not a bad place to be.

MERRY CHRISTMASS AND A HAPPY NEW MILLENIUM!

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-23-1999 02:48 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can only echo everything said here.

I dont think I could have come as far in the last 11 months in 35mm as I have without you people and your brilliance.

I am going to Atlanta for the holiday. I'll see old 35's on a pair of Supers for hours this weekend.

Everyone have a blast. We'll talk again before the Millenium!!

Bruce McGee
Asheville, NC

Gordon Leslie
Film Handler

- posted 12-23-1999 03:57 PM      Profile for Gordon Leslie   Email Gordon Leslie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes to every one for Christmas and the new year, to all you poor souls who have to work I'll be thinking of you over a nice cold beer..CHEERS!!!.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: