Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Auditorium Lighting. Where to get?

Author Topic: Auditorium Lighting. Where to get?
Brian Francis
Film Handler

- posted 12-09-1999 10:47 AM      Profile for Brian Francis   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that it is okay on this forum to ask a question outside of the booth. I put this also on "wanted and for sale" but this list seems to be alive and hoppin.

I will try to be quick. I must find six auditorium wall sconces for my Twin Cinema so that the present ones can go back into the CAMEO where they belong, a 1937 small towm palace, so to speak, to restore it to it's originality. My grandfather took them down to put up burlap soundfolding in 1970. He built the Twin Cinema in 1982 and put them up there cause they looked nice and he was cheap, like any exibitor from his generation. He ran projectors from mid 1919 until May 1999. And passed away one day less than one month away from his Century projector at the Cameo on June 30th of this year. . I am attempting to restore and upgrade the Cameo as we are getting built on by a ten plex 7 miles away. I will place the lighting back in to the Cameo and install proper Melfabco soundfolding along with it. This will leave the Twin Cinema in the dark until six replacement fixtures can be located. My budget is limited there as the Cameo is adding up fast, but I would like them to look as much theatrical, and not bathroom, as possible. My local film-tech suggested I go to a Home Depot type store and buy a nice horizontal bathroom fixture like with glass rods or some adornments, then turn it verticle and you got an instant auditorium fixture. Those cost about $100.00. Does anyone have a more clever or more authentic looking suggestion?? One can see the fixture coming down on our site tour. http://www.99w.com. Thank you Thank you.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-09-1999 11:07 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Home depot has a couple of nice looking Art Deco types here in Olympia, Wash.

If I get to the store today, I'll get the item numbers off them. If I recall they sold for about $25.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: