Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Century base leveling bolts. Where to get?

Author Topic: Century base leveling bolts. Where to get?
Brian Francis
Film Handler

- posted 12-07-1999 07:09 PM      Profile for Brian Francis   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyboby from the Cameo theatre in Newberg.I recently installed a platter and new lamphouse in the booth. I retired a!!!
UNICINEMA !!!!, has anyone ever heard of one of those?? And brought back in an old Century Base to use with the Century CC head, the only part of the former system to survive the new install, save the soundhead with a Component Engineering upgrade. With test film it is apparent that the picture is lower on the left side and I need to use leveling bolts to raise the old base up a fraction. The bolts are not present. I have some MOTIOGRAPH bases with nice bolts but they are too large for the Century holes. Does anyone know what to get from the hardware store or what to special order so I can level my presentation. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-07-1999 08:17 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some were 5/8" N.C. bolts by 2" long
Most industiral fastner places will carry them

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-07-1999 10:26 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
A quick and dirty temporary fix for your problem until you can find appropriate leveling feet is to use only the top two bolts to mount the projector/soundhead onto the pedestal. That way, you can loosen them a half turn, physically level the projector with the screen with PA35 loop running (make SURE to do this with the FLAT lens), and then tighten the bolts back down.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-07-1999 11:25 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should be able to buy the correct bolts from Edward H. Wolk Company in Chicago (www.edwolk.com). Another temporary fix would be to stick wooden wedge shims under the side to be raised. You could slide a hand truck under the base to lift it, then slip in the wedge shim. The shims are actually wood door shims you can buy at any hardware store like Home Depot.

Brian Francis
Film Handler

- posted 12-09-1999 10:23 AM      Profile for Brian Francis   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all, who responded to my simple post. I went to the hardware store and got two 5/8 bolts and they screwed right in, although very tight, they will work. Loosening and leveling from above sounded like a brilliant idea but was a little beyond my technical expertise. Also thanks for the reminder about WOLK. Almost forgot about them but have ordered in the past. Several exiter bulb assemblies for Motiograph in recent years for the 99W Drive-in. Brian Francis http://www.99w.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: