Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » ? on Pro Ball. 35 framing knob problem

Author Topic: ? on Pro Ball. 35 framing knob problem
Cory Johnson
Film Handler

- posted 12-06-1999 11:04 AM      Profile for Cory Johnson   Email Cory Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have all Pro Ball. 35 projectors (don't yell at me, they are not my decision). On one of the projectors, the framing knob has "loosened" up and you can feel the vibration from the projector unless the knob is positioned just right. It will not creep the focus out (yet) by itself, but the knob will vibrate noticiably. Is there something on the Pro 35 that you can adjust to tighten the framing? I am guessing this is just a premature sign that the intermit. is going out (if I remember right, the framing rod is connected directly to the intermit. on the 35). I just wanted some input as it is the projector for the largest house and I really don't want it breaking down in the next month or so. Thanks. Cory
(I really hate Pro35s. They are loud, break constantly and leak oil like crazy...)
thxdude@hotmail.com

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-06-1999 12:02 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is large set screw with a locking nut on the back wall under the shutter that puts pressure on the shaft to stop creeping
It sound like the coupler is ready to be replaced
We have lots of Pro35's up here and usually they give very little grief

Chris Erwin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-06-1999 11:34 PM      Profile for Chris Erwin   Email Chris Erwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree it sounds like the coupler. I have heard from techs that this is made of nylon and wears after little use. Have a trusted tech to come up with a remedy on that coupler.

--Chris

Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-07-1999 12:06 AM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gord's right.

OK, you're gonna need a 3/4" wrench and a right-angled slot screwdriver. Looking into the projector from the non-threading side, find the large nut on the rear between the shutter and the mechanism. With the projector NOT running (trust me on this one), loosen (counter-clockwise) the nut. In the hole in this nut, you will find a slot of a large screw. Tighten the screw clock-wise about 1/4 turn, then re-tighten the big nut. With the projector not running, the framer should feel rather stiff; if not repeat the proceedure 'till it does.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: