Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Anybody have an old MP30 for sale or trade?

Author Topic: Anybody have an old MP30 for sale or trade?
Derek Maxwell
Film Handler

- posted 12-04-1999 02:40 PM      Profile for Derek Maxwell   Author's Homepage   Email Derek Maxwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for a small portable machine and was told that for home use the MP30 was nice. Anybody?

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-04-1999 02:44 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The MP30 rates right in there with a holmes (sorry guys) as being the worst 35mm projector out there. It like many portables relies on a pawl pushing the film around the intermittent to frame it
A good portable is the MicroCine from Italy or the Veronese.
Also some of the Towkiwa's wern't bad
The parts for MP30's are virtually no existant as they were made by a company in India that is no more
The last MP30's I had in rental we took a sledge hammer to

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-08-1999 10:38 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gord......You Da Man!!! Those machines really do deserve the sludge hammer treatment. Its about the worst machine ever built. In my opinion a Holmes is at least 10 notches better than an MP-30. Hummm.....The Christie P35GP should also fit somewhere in between those two as well though. Just saw the latest Christie version at the new Edwards in Nampa, Id. Now they have put a rubber "O" ring on the sound drum as a fix......geez, what next?

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-08-1999 12:03 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The MP30 was imported by Alan Gordon Enterprises in Hollywood
A good portable is the MicroCine
also called the Migon
We had several of them for years running in the Eatons Centre Cineplex and they were finally replaced with Prevost
see the picture warehouse for a shot of one of the rear screen booths that they used to live in

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: