Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Film Handler's Chat

Author Topic: Film Handler's Chat
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-26-1999 07:30 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
For those who don't check that main page and use bookmarks...

Per Gordon's suggestion, Film-Tech now has a live chat room. Direct one on one private chat rooms are available within the main room. This is a private chat program and only active forum members will be able to access it.

Film-Tech is already spread over 2 separate servers to handle all the manual downloads and the forum...including a chat on the same server would've caused problems, so we are trying the Volano servers and chat program. Unfortunately, there will be times when the Volano servers will be too full to handle the load (as many other sites use Volano). If this happens, please be patient and try back soon. Generally, this is not a problem (especially with the hours most everyone holds here ) and sometimes even waiting only a few minutes will allow entry.

A note to AOLers: the built-in MSIE browser sometimes causes problems. I highly recommend if you have difficulties entering the chat to download the Netscape browser (there is a link on the Picture Warehouse page) as the chat program has no problems with Netscape...and as a bonus will give significantly higher resolution in the Picture Warehouse.

I hope everyone finds the chat to be a valuable addition to Film-Tech. PLEASE notify me if there are any problems so I may attempt to correct them.

Thanks
Flix@film-tech.com

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: