Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » New DTS "Sonic Landscape" trailer/logo

Author Topic: New DTS "Sonic Landscape" trailer/logo
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-17-1999 02:03 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received my new DTS logos today and had the chance to put one on and watch it. It is about 10 seconds long (it seems) and the sound is not "IN YOUR FACE" like other digital trailers, which I can appreciate. Short and to the point. It does make use of the surrounds and I think maybe even the subwoofer very briefly. It is not a cheesy trailer, just really short. What did everyone else think of it?

|  IP: Logged

Erika Hellgren
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-18-1999 04:00 PM      Profile for Erika Hellgren   Email Erika Hellgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the logo is very classy looking. I also like how short it is, although I almost forgot what I was watching and for a second I thought it was a studio logo

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-21-1999 02:38 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are these being sent out automatically to those who have invested some money in the units, or do we have to ask for them?

Tom Ferreira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-21-1999 08:18 AM      Profile for Tom Ferreira   Email Tom Ferreira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, they do have to be ordered. I checked with DTS when someone first mentioned it, and they told me that it had to be ordered through our supplier. I'm sure they're charging for it, unlike the trailer discs. Turns out our DM ordered them for all the theatres, and I received mine a few days ago. Haven't watched it yet, though. I'm waiting to unveil it Wednesday on End Of Days.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-21-1999 07:17 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We received ours for free. I'm not quite sure how, but we did. Be forewarned, it's not super-hyper computer graphic Generation X like all other digital trailers are. It's almost like a studio logo at the beginning of a feature. Another good feature is that it is NOT overmixed like most other digital trailers. I like it!

Mike Carro
Film Handler

- posted 11-21-1999 11:28 PM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Carro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just received the new logos as well and I found it pleasant but a little dissapointing . There wasn't much of a demonstration of the diverse sonic capabilities of DTS sound. But I shouldn't complain too much as they were free for the asking. I simply called them up and asked.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-26-1999 02:23 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Free? I ordered 5 flat and 5 scope (which I have not yet recieved) but I got a purchase order back for $560.00...

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-26-1999 02:31 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes! Find somebody to call and bitch, whine, and complain! Not worth $56 each!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-26-1999 06:03 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the first movie to include the soundtrack for the new trailer? Does it say anything different on the DTS disks? I have "Bone Collector" right now and the disks still just say "stand alone trailer s/n 1045" on them.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-27-1999 03:02 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There doesn't seem to be any special markings for the new trailer. Mine play off of the trailer disc. I assume any feature or trailer disc released after mid October would have it on there. It has a very tiny footprint. I assume they are putting both the old and new versions on for now, just for compatibility issues. I didn't get my trailers until The Messenger came out.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: