Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » ORC lamphouse/power supply Q

Author Topic: ORC lamphouse/power supply Q
Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-14-1999 06:41 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an ORC xenon power supply model "RPS X16/25." What model lamphouses will this work with? I know for a fact that it was originaly used with a 1600w ORC lamphouse; however, I have a chance to get an ORC model 2500 1kw xenon lamphouse which has the same type of connector for the power supply and looks very similar to my 1600w ORC lamphouse. Will the ORC model 2500 lamphouse work with the model X16/25 power supply? Thanks for any information!

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-14-1999 09:48 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I believe it should work. I think all their models back then were wired the same way on that screw on connector on the back of the lamphouse.

Robert Throop
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-15-1999 09:00 AM      Profile for Robert Throop   Email Robert Throop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the current capacity on the rectifier nameplate. to run a 2500w bulb it should put out 90-95 amps.

------------------

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 11-15-1999 06:42 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only other possible problem might be the no load voltage being to low once the rectifier is turned down from 1.6k to the 1 k lamp you plan to use
Some of the orcs had isolated boost supplies so that may not be a problem

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: