Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 16mm Equipment Manuals

Author Topic: 16mm Equipment Manuals
Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-07-1999 11:55 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you looking for 16mm equipment manuals, many of my 16mm manuals are posted on Sheldon Harris' site: www.film-center.com

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-07-1999 04:42 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Film-Center also has a bunch of 8mm manuals. It is the premiere place on the net for 16mm manuals.

Film-Tech will have our first 16mm machine, the Hortson manual available for download tomorrow.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-07-1999 04:52 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody got a manual on the Norelco FP-16?

Scott Ribbens
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-07-1999 08:39 PM      Profile for Scott Ribbens   Email Scott Ribbens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken, I was just going through some things and guess what I ran into? FP 16 service manual.

------------------

Scott

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-07-1999 08:58 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great! Send it in for posting to Brad.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-07-1999 09:16 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also forgot to mention that I have a manual on the finest 16mm projector ever made: the EASTMAN MODEL 25 Carbon Arc.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-07-1999 10:58 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want that Eastman 25 manual! Please send it to Brad and/or xerox it and send it to me (I'll pay xeroxing and postage).

How does the Eastman 25 compare to the Kinoton 16mm machines? I'm currently talking with the management at a single-screen that's doing some upgrading (including replacing their 35mm Centurys with JJ-2's!) and I'm trying to talk them into getting a good 16mm system set up. Right now, I'm thinking of either a rebuilt 25 or Kinoton. They only have three sets of booth portholes, so whatever they get will need to have 6000' reel capability.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-08-1999 03:33 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good thinkin' there Scott. EVERY theater should have Century JJ-2s!

Guys, please send a photocopy (single sided) or the original manual and I'll scan them in to Adobe format and post them. If you send the original, I'll return it...although a single sided photocopy is much easier.

Film-Tech
9794 Forest Ln. PMB356
Dallas, TX 75243

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: