Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Equipment manual requests (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Equipment manual requests
Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-07-1999 11:35 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What other manuals would everyone like to see posted on the Adobe Manual Downloads page? I just sent Brad some more manuals (Christie and Strong material). I have another 29 misc. manuals still needing to be copied before I send them in.

Anyone interested in seeing carbon arc lamphouse manuals posted? I also have the Strong carbon arc Trouper and Super Trouper spotlight manuals.

If anyone has any manuals we don't have, PLEASE send them in to Brad for posting. We all benefit from the wealth of information contained in the manuals.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Erwin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-07-1999 12:07 PM      Profile for Chris Erwin   Email Chris Erwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken,

I would really like to see those Carbon Arc Lamphouse manuals. I am a child of the platter and xenon, but I really like the older stuff too.

Thanks,
Chris

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-07-1999 03:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
John Walsh sent in the Ashcraft Super Core-Lite carbon arc lamphouse manual and is currently being uploaded. This and all the new manuals will be fully available by Monday 11-8-99 for free download. We have also added another 600MEGS of storage space to make this possible and to prevent another glitch in the forum, which we experienced last Thursday when the 500MEG server hit it's limit.

Stefan Scholz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-10-1999 11:01 AM      Profile for Stefan Scholz   Author's Homepage   Email Stefan Scholz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have promised Brad to send some manuals on modern sound equipment, like recent trouble shooting and setup manuals for DTS, SDDS,..., but with my time schedule it takes time to do the photocopying. And the full SDDS manuals are about 4" thick, you could not copy this in total and convert to Acrobat... I think everybody should send in as much as possible, as everything could be helpful at a certain point.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-10-1999 01:09 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, that 4" SDDS manual would be quite helpful to many people. I used it to find out the automation configuration so I could wire up a bypass function for trailers to play at a lower volume in SR and then release the bypass at the feature cue. Don't know what I'd have done without it. It's gonna be a real pain to convert, though! The regular manual that comes with the units are the joke of all manuals, but the big ones are very helpful. I'll try and get them posted soon as the format has enough problems without people not knowing how to service them properly.

Everyone please send what you can. All manuals are definitely welcome. Someone out there needs them!

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-13-1999 01:32 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For carbon arc fans I just sent in these manuals:

Peerless Magnarc Cinearc

Strong "Utility"

Strong "Low Intensity"

Heyer-Shultz reflector cross reference & specs

Charles Lubner
Film Handler

- posted 11-13-1999 04:20 PM      Profile for Charles Lubner   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Lubner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a 4 page manual for the care of arclamp mirrors if anyone is interested. I also have the "Marcus Theatres Booth Operation Manual" from 1972. It's ancient, but it has threading diagrams for a variety of equipment, an entire chapter on 3D film, and maintenance tips.

By the way, for a complete list of splicer parts, go to http://www.cinprod.com They have nice diagrams for Neumade and economy splicers, along with a full parts and price list. Very useful!

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-16-1999 11:36 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More manuals coming soon:

Brenkert-RCA BX-100 projector

Xetron/Cinemeccanica CX-900 xenon lamphouse

Holmes 35mm equipment catalog (circa 1940)

HOLMES TYPE 8 & TYPE D 35mm portable projector

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-17-1999 08:04 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Ken! I got the Eastman 25 manual yesterday. Wow! It's amazing what a letter to Kodak will do...

Too bad that Simplex isn't this good; if you call them up and ask about anything older than the X-L, they'll laugh at you. At least that's what happened to me.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-17-1999 02:26 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're going to put up carbon arc LH manuals, I vote for Super Cinex.

Trevor Bailey
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-1999 05:39 PM      Profile for Trevor Bailey   Author's Homepage   Email Trevor Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be nice to find some detailed manuals for older Chrisitie lamphouses, power supplies, and consoles. I'm not talking about the standard blue cover things. They contain almost no useful parts information.

Specifically:
CK20, CH10/20, H30, CC10/20

Also, anything on Eprad Universal or ORC XH-16S lamphouses would be great.

Thanks!

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-17-1999 08:32 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor:
I do have a manual on the Eprad "Universal" lamphouse. I don't have one though, for the ORC XH-16s lamphouse, but I think I know someone who might.

I have had a VERY tough time trying to find ANY kind of parts manuals for Christie lamphouses and power supplies. Usually all I find are the instruction manuals (which are almost always 4th generation photocopies).

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-19-1999 04:27 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about some manuals for Kalee 21's?

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-21-1999 08:30 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coming soon:
Simplex "Regular" Parts
Simplex "Super" Parts
Simplex "E-7" Parts
More Kintek manuals
Eprad "Sword" Operating & Parts
Eprad Exciter supplies Schematics
Eprad "Auditorium Programmer" schematic
Eprad "Mini-Programmer" schematic

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 11-21-1999 10:19 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey you guys, thanks for the Dolby manuals, and for going through the work required to get the official 'okey-doky' from Lonnie Jennings.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: