Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » New format (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New format
Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-24-1999 01:24 AM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody else find the white - on - black harder on the eyes?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-24-1999 01:30 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Ian was very prompt about calling me directly! (Ian, you put Rick up to this? ) It's about as close to "dye transfer" as we can get on a computer.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions. Post the recommendations here (specific colors, layout, etc) or email them to me directly at Flix@film-tech.com

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-1999 01:13 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I find the black very hard to read!

Please go back to the way it was before you started to futz with it.

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 10-24-1999 01:27 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, who put ugly all over the forum??? What happen to the clean, crisp, classy original look? This is hard to read, takes longer to load and is generally boring, not to mention, not attractive. Please no "New" Film-Tech. I want "Classic" Film-Tech.

Howard Johnson
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-1999 01:34 PM      Profile for Howard Johnson   Email Howard Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes please can we go back to black on white as it is easier to read and prints better on my printer as I like to post interesting topics on our notice board for the other projectionists.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-24-1999 01:47 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok there Ian and Ky. Enough swaying the vote. You two have already voted.

A good and legitimate point from Howard, though on printing. Anyone else have an opinion one way or another?

Erika Hellgren
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-24-1999 02:41 PM      Profile for Erika Hellgren   Email Erika Hellgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I thought it was perfectly fine the way it was before

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-24-1999 02:57 PM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont prefer the new 'Halloween look'
this site has now.

Im mostly a 'lurker' on this site, i have
learned alot reading all the comments,but
i find it hard reading white letters on
black.

Lets get back to the Classic Film-Tech
Please!

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-24-1999 04:50 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, to start I thought my computer has gone wrong.

Let's keep it as it was before!
A 'Classic' Film-Tech Site, the one we all enjoy.

Joe Smith
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-1999 06:23 PM      Profile for Joe Smith   Email Joe Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually just hang around here reading the messages, but the format change prompted me to register and comment.

GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL FORMAT!

(at least you motivated me to register)...

Good Forum. Keep up the good work...

joe...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-24-1999 06:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Better? I don't remember exactly the color schemes that were used originally, but like Coca-Cola, the "classic" version isn't exactly the same...but it's close.

I think I got the yellow/red folder and the light bulbs working again too.

Joe Smith
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-1999 06:31 PM      Profile for Joe Smith   Email Joe Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee! I didn't know I had that much power. Changed back to original format in less time than it took me to post my original message!

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 10-24-1999 07:50 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Brad, I appreciate the return of Classic Film-Tech.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-24-1999 08:40 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Classic Film-Tech?

I can't wait for Diet Film-Tech and/or Caffiene Free Film-Tech.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-1999 08:43 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy to have the old site back. However, I noticed the "Reply to post" is now larger, and I dont have to guess at it anymore. Picture it: Me sitting 4 feet from a 27" Trinitron (Sony--yes it does suck) TV, with the wireless keyboard in my lap. Not a pretty site. Good thing we dont have to look at each other. The lovely Erika, and all these ugly guys....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: