Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Handling Film In Other Countries...

Author Topic: Handling Film In Other Countries...
Tal Marks
Film Handler

- posted 10-08-1999 07:48 PM      Profile for Tal Marks   Author's Homepage   Email Tal Marks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. I'm new to this site and I really appreciate the fact that there's so many people out there that talk about their jobs (and their problems). I work at a Sony Theater in uptown Manhattan while I study music full-time at school. To get to the point, I'm considering moving to London and know nothing about their techniques, equipment, unions, etc. If anyone could give me a hint of the way it works over there, I would appreciate it.

|  IP: Logged

Howard Johnson
Film Handler

- posted 10-13-1999 03:57 PM      Profile for Howard Johnson   Email Howard Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a better chance of getting a projectionist job in London than the provinces , there are two main circuits Odeon and Virgin plus the other multiplex operators. I think the wages would be about £9 per hour and membership of the union BECTU is useful as they are recognised by the main circuits. The projectors tend to be Cinemeccanica or Kinetons with much equipment similar to the USA . There are also many small arthouse cinemas. However, the cost of living in London is very high and flats are expensive and difficult to find. .

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: