Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Bad presentation of the week

Author Topic: Bad presentation of the week
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-08-1999 06:35 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I went to a showing of the 6-day-old Mystery Alaska last night at a Carmike in Billings Montana. List of problems:

- Movie started 10 minutes late for an unknown reason (ticket person: "They're having trouble with that movie, but I think it's fixed now)

-DTS unit only ran for the first 3 reels

-Film was coated with dust throughout, and REALLY bad during reel changes (but at least they're using clear tape now)

-The right channel stage speaker was either not working, or tuned WAY too soft. I never did hear discrete sounds from that side, but heard lots of things (including some voices) from the left.

The funny thing was, we attended the movie on a pair of Refund tickets from when my g.f. had to leave another Carmike showing that crapped out halfway thru! Well, at least this time we got through the whole movie.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: