Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby Digital trailers

Author Topic: Dolby Digital trailers
Mathias Andersson
Film Handler

- posted 10-04-1999 06:55 AM      Profile for Mathias Andersson   Email Mathias Andersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We buy our 35mm Dolby Digital trailers from a retailer here in Sweden and we pay 500 SEK ($60) per trailer. I beleive there are other places and retailers selling these trailers at a cheaper price. Can anyone recommend any? What do you pay for them?

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-04-1999 11:09 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
American Cinema Equipment in Portland, Oregon advertises the Dolby Digital trailers for $29. on their website: www.cinequip.com

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-04-1999 04:00 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby offers these trailers for free if you have their equipment installed and they can verify it.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-05-1999 03:10 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they say they provide them free.. I ordered some 5 months ago, and all I have gotten so far is a letter saying they'd fill my order shortly...

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-05-1999 05:20 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Jim, the trailers Dolby offer now pretty much suck. The City is probably the best they have right now. And the newer ones like Rain and Aurora are pathetic, each with the "Dolby Jingle" at the end, which sounds kind of lame. However, one of the "dings" in the Dolby Jingle will come from the center surround in EX mode! Behold the power of EX!

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-07-1999 02:32 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... 3 grand for one ding in the rear!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: