Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Fantasia

Author Topic: Fantasia
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-29-1999 02:29 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taking time out from Technicolor's well-deserved bashing...

Does anyone know what's really going to happen with "Fantasia 2000?"

First I read that they were going to make 3 new segments and keep 6 old ones. Then it was the other way around. Early last month I was on vacation in Disney World, and took a tour of the animation facility there (excellent tour, btw) and THEY said it was seven new segments and 2 old favorites. Then, last weekend I was in Seattle and we took in a (scratched) film at the Imax theatre there. They had a trailer for Fantasia...and the trailer said seven new segments and ONE returning classic. So what the hell is really going to happen?

Also, when is the film going to "regular" theatres? I've seen everything from "the end of January" to "the end of April" to "sometime this summer." Anybody heard???

Mike

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-29-1999 05:05 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will start January 1st and go to about April something-or-other before it is released on 35mm. I don't know how many new segments. I never cared for Fantasia. I won't see it even if it is 15 perf 70mm. Interestingly though, a theatre here called the Colorado Center is supposed to be getting a print. But they only have fake IMAX (8 perf 70 vertical). I thought it was IMAX exclusive, and no fake IMAX would be allowed. Can anybody shed some light on this?

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: