Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Best 2 piece lamphouse?

Author Topic: Best 2 piece lamphouse?
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-27-1999 11:46 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering what everyone on the forum has to say in regards to the best 2 piece lamphouse/power supply.

My personal favorite in the world of xenon lamphouses is the Christie SLC console, but they don't make it in a 2 piece unit. My second favorite is the Cinemecannica ZX-4000-H machines used at the GCC Northpark 1&2 (pics in the warehouse). Note, Cinemecannica actually made 2 different ZX-4000-H lamphouses. I am talking about the horizontal bulb design with the blue cover.

So what would everyone's vote be?

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-1999 12:15 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strong Super Lume-X lamphouse with Switching power supply (second generation).

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-28-1999 08:34 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strong supper lumex with switcher
or a LP associates with their PS
or a kinotone with IREM rectifier

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-28-1999 05:01 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Bevan sent me this picture of their 2 piece lamphouse. I didn't even know they made these! Pretty slick, eh?

RICK HAMILTON
Film Handler

- posted 09-28-1999 10:15 PM      Profile for RICK HAMILTON   Email RICK HAMILTON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a new Christie lamphouse ordered. I will let you know just how great it is when I install it. My favorite USED to be a Kneisely Xenex II. I got good light and had very few problems. A spark gap once and a contactor a couple of times.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-30-1999 01:35 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My only complaint with Kniesley (other than there general workmanship) is the ignition noise that is very hard to suppress

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 10-10-1999 03:45 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Super Lume or XeTron/Big Sky and an IREM

Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-1999 10:01 PM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super Lumex (the Peerless Magnarc of xenon lamps), and (beleive it or not) a Strong 61001 rectifier - only if kept clean.

I want stuff I can get back up and running in a hurry in case of breakdown (and if kept clean, doesn't often fail).

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-11-1999 01:58 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For maximum light output the Kintone lamphouses can't be beat. Especially the 7Kw virtually no film heat
also the new xebex supersol N isn't bad

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-1999 09:58 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I have said in various threads around the forum, I like Keisley Xenex and Xenex II lamphouses. I also like Strong Super Lume-X's too. As for power supply, I hold the Xetron N3-X75195 in high esteem. Strong rectifiers and Xetron XHN lamphouses suck!

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-16-1999 09:12 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Kinoton Lamphouse is the best by far...glass reflectors, that are efficient (more light) and cool...you can run 7KW on 35mm film with no damage...My second pick would the the Strong Super-Lume-X or Ultra-80...as others have said...the Peerless of the Xenon age.

For rectifiers...hold you votes...Christie has the best power...its cleaner than IREM or Strong, servicable, now fan cooled and MOV protected (and they aren't very expensive either). And damn it, they come with honest-to-god copper lugs for the inputs and outputs.

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: