Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » New Christie Delrin Intermittent Shoes

Author Topic: New Christie Delrin Intermittent Shoes
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-21-1999 01:50 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a little over a month now, my theatre has been testing the new, black, delrin intermittent shoes on the standard package Chistie projectors. Have they made a difference? You bet they have! Normally we use tanks of CO2 to blow out each projector after each show. As it is now, we rarely ever use the CO2, even on Kodak prints. And when we do use the CO2, the projector is still much cleaner than it used to be in the past, before the delrin shoes. While all shedding has not been eliminated, it is a significant step forward. There is still some emulsion shedding going on, but it is very light.

Has anyone else tried these? If so, what are the results?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-21-1999 02:00 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
No noticeable difference. But then I'm not running my prints dry.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-1999 02:25 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are they selling these new shoes yet, or are they still in the testing stage? If they are selling them, does anyone know the part number?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-21-1999 07:24 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christie is still in the testing phase of the intermittent shoes. They are designing a
new shoe assembly which should be available in a month or so which also
includes wear indicators. Now that's gotta be interesting! Checking the shoes for wear will be like checking the oil in your car, only easier.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-24-1999 12:14 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But I thought that it was a NO maintainance projector????? Why would they need wear indicators? Ha Ha

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-12-1999 01:53 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The new shoes are still working great, however I think I may have discovered the first problem. The bottom loop flutters a bit from time to time. This never happened before I put the new shoes on. It is really hard to describe. Does anybody else see this side effect or am I just too incompetant to be handling delrin intermittent shoes?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-12-1999 02:04 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed the problem on the old shoes as well. That's why I recommended putting guard rails on the underside of the Ultramittent to prevent scratching and keep the noise down.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-12-1999 09:35 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they should add the roller that the pro35 has under the gate as a loop absorber

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 10-12-1999 09:47 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never run a Christie projector, but the
Simplexes/ Cinemecannica's I use hardly leave
anything in the gate. Neither did the Centurys or Norelcos. Is this a common problem with Christies?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: