Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Manuals (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Manuals
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-22-1999 08:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
For those who bookmark the forum directly and only occasionally check the main page, Film-Tech is now offering equipment manuals for downloading in Adobe pdf format. Currently there are 100 items for download exceeding over 100 MEGS. We will be adding more as time permits and as readers send in obscure manuals.

Once the file is downloaded, you can click the save command to keep it on your hard drive and/or print it out for field reference. Hopefully these manuals will assist many people who have lost their copies or never had them to start with.

I would like to especially thank Ken Layton for the Adobe program used to convert these manuals into pdf format. Thank you Ken!

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-22-1999 09:28 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These manuals are fantastic! The quality is much better than I thought it would be. Not everyone will get excited by manuals, but I sure think it's cool! Thanks!

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 08-23-1999 04:14 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great! A much-needed resource. I hope you don't mind if I refer others to the site for information such as this. (I just had a query from a projectionist in New Zealand looking for "lacing" information for various projectors).

------------------
John Pytlak

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-23-1999 04:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Spreading the knowledge is what it's all about! Feel free to refer whomever is in need of such instructions. The exchange of information such as is found on the forum and in the manual downloads will ultimately assist everyone in providing superior presentations.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-24-1999 01:20 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Already dowloaded a manual I didn't have!

I'm sending more manuals to Brad to scan for everyone's benefit. Keep watching each day for new ones to be posted.

Coming soon:

Xetron Maxi-7 Automation
ORC console Automation
Eprad Co-Operator Automation
Xetron XCN Consoles
ORC Power Supplies
ORC Platter
Simplex SH-1000 Four Star Soundhead

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-24-1999 07:10 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will try to supply the following in the future:

Christie CA-21 Automation
Strong barcode (UA and WB) automation
Dolby Digital EX SA-10
DTS-ES Extended Surround

Maybe some others that I can't think of right now. Provided, of course, that Brad sends these manuals back, but I am sure he will.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-24-1999 11:59 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
For the manual crazed...we now have another 40 items available for download courtesy of Ken Layton.

We're up to 160MEGS of manuals now.

Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-25-1999 01:08 AM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance of obtaining a cp 500 users manual for down loading?

------------------

Anthony Matarazzo
Film Handler

- posted 08-25-1999 04:45 AM      Profile for Anthony Matarazzo   Email Anthony Matarazzo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey John Pytlak,

I've got the lacing up diagram for the Kinoton FP30
and also the Cinemeccanica Victoria 8, If you want them.

Anthony Matarazzo

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 08-25-1999 07:51 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone interested in some really ancient manuals? If so, I'll send the following off to Brad: Super Simplex (operation and parts), Brenkert BX-40 and BX-80, Enarc carbon-arc lamphouse, Simplex X-L (circa 1960), Century SA (circa 1960), Century R3 and R4 soundheads, RCA Photophone sound system (1940), and probably some other stuff. More recently, I also have a CP-50 manual (complete) and CP-500 manual. Brad--let me know if you want to add any of these. Also have Simplex X-L magsound manual, complete with schematics (circa 1960).

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-25-1999 10:08 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the DP70 DP75 FP20 Ernaman 9 12
prevost P55
Cinemecanica DGB
" " Plater
"" Vic 4
"" Vic 5
"" Vic 8
"" Vic 9
"" Vic10
"" Vic18
Xebex Supersol N
Xebex Supersol
Xebex Hibeam
Hortson
Eprad Universal lamphouse
Eprad Starscope
all of smarts manuals
Most of Dolby's
Motiograph K and AAA
Brenkert BX40-100 and 10 serries soundheads
wassman
what do you need to generate the pdf files

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-25-1999 02:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The easiest way to convert manuals to pdf is through photocopies (single sided). This greatly speeds up the process, as I can put the stack into the scanner and let it do it's thing. If anyone can provide photocopies, that would be perfect.

Alternatively, Ken has been sending them pre-scanned as PaperPort files, which I can decode and convert.

E-mail me directly if anyone has manuals to contribute. Thanks.

Mitchell Cope
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-25-1999 10:49 PM      Profile for Mitchell Cope   Email Mitchell Cope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please post the CP-50 manual before you run out of disk space!

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-1999 02:57 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of manuals, does anyone out there have documentation on component engineering QX-10 cue expanders?

Anthony Matarazzo
Film Handler

- posted 08-27-1999 07:42 AM      Profile for Anthony Matarazzo   Email Anthony Matarazzo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have the manual for "AMX - Multimation 2" automation from the AMX CORP?. If someone does, could you please email mail me or send it into the forum download section.

Thanks

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: