Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Speco platters

Author Topic: Speco platters
Kevin Wheat
Film Handler

- posted 07-27-1999 12:22 PM      Profile for Kevin Wheat   Email Kevin Wheat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Speco platters where I work are in terrible condition. The paint has either worn off or has been damaged in the moving of prints, and some have even begun to rust. However, various platters are still in excellent condition. I have heard that Speco had problems with the paint and was replacing those platters effected. Is this true? If not what can be done to restore them?

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-27-1999 03:16 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you contacted SPECO directly? They have a website: www.speco-usa.com
Also, the older Speco platters have a retrofit kit to convert the centerfeed units to drop-in removable types.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-27-1999 04:50 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
SPECO changed several years back to a different kind of paint which was more durable and had a texture to it, which helped to keep prints from sliding. Someone told me SPECO would sell this paint for people who wished to repaint older decks. I don't think with as many of those in the field they would replace them.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: