Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Digital System Intstallation Totals

Author Topic: Digital System Intstallation Totals
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-18-1999 04:19 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are the total digital system installations worldwide as of this month. I can't tell you where I got them from or I would have to kill you. The good news is that Dolby is in the lead.

Dolby Digital

Worldwide 21498
Change 1137

N. America 10131
Change 550

Rest of World 11367
Change 587

DTS

Worldwide 16914
Change 541

N. America 9685
Change 421

Rest of World 7229
Change 120

SDDS

Worldwide 7134
Change 189

N. America 5856
Change 140

Rest of World 1278
Change 49

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-18-1999 09:44 PM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see Dolby in the lead in the digital race to be the leader as number one in digital sound.I personaly prefer Dolby Digital as I use it in cinema and at home on D.V.D. I did a Dolby course as a technical manager with the cinema chain I work for, they brought a tech over from Dolby in the U.K and he said then that Dolby was in the lead. The course was a very intresting one and has helped a few times when faults have occured. So come on Dolby! (sorry D.T.S supporters)

------------------

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-19-1999 01:32 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet at least 80% of those SDDS installs are due to the deal with AMC and Loews. Good to see Dolby and DTS are the leaders by a wide margin!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: