Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Technicolor is now sending out free prints (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Technicolor is now sending out free prints
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-08-1999 09:00 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else get booked for Arlington Road on one screen and get two prints? Both with the exact same print number! I did.

Geez. Why oh why do the studios keep using these people? I wonder if I didn't call them to let them know of their error (a constant occurance I might add) how many months it would take for them to figure it out...if ever.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-09-1999 05:23 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something similar happened at one of our theatres across town. They picked up their print from another theatre and later in the week they received another print! Not sure about the print numbers. But what do you expect? Technicolor only hires people who are rejected from employment at fast food chains. or at least it seems.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-09-1999 07:20 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile, the owner of some small-town theatre in Iowa is wondering where the hell is print of "Arlington Road" is, and why Technicolor is accusing him of stealing it.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-09-1999 02:11 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That small theater in Iowa is only getting accused of stealing the print because we all know Technicolor never makes a mistake...right? The sad part is the studios will never believe what the theaters say, just Technicolor.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-09-1999 09:12 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a shame that this company is destroying the quality name Technicolor?

I have not worked in a theater since Benton Brothers handled the prints. We had our share of problems with lost prints, missing reels, etc.

But, I can say this:

If we called about a print, Benton Bros. would get us a print out ASAP. none of this "theft" crap. The lost print always turned up eventually.

AND every print we received had identification labels and academy's attached. Granted, this was before platters, but nearly everything was inspected. Ours was a drive-in, and we usually got used prints.

The summer we ran Star Wars, we got a used print that was in good shape, but had seen alot of runs.
BBros. received a couple of new prints of SW and called and asked if we would like to use it! It looked great on our screen.

Technicolor obviously wont do that. That is not what being the depot is all about anymore.

Bruce

PS: Thanks for the reels, Brad!

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-10-1999 05:40 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get an extra Arlington Road, but I do have a collection of prints / reels that Technicolor has never picked up.

George Roher
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-16-1999 12:22 AM      Profile for George Roher   Email George Roher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. The biggest problem I've had with Technicolor is that they've wanted films back too soon. I've had film curriers banging on the theatre doors to claim a print on Thursday night, while that print is still on screen.

Brian Paymer
Film Handler

- posted 07-18-1999 03:27 PM      Profile for Brian Paymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Technicolor is very bad about losing prints. The regular depot always tracks theirs well. I usually throw any replacement reels away after the movie ships or toss them in the can if there is room.

I too call them when they make a mistake and lose a print. That apprently isn't enough because they still sit there. Hey if they don't care neither do I.

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-23-1999 01:30 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, the taxi company out of Youngstown, Ohio, showed up and received our print of "Arlington Road". I was told by the manager that there was no need to fill out our company's Print Transfer Form anymore because none of our prints had been lost in some time. "When they start losing prints again, we'll go back to using the form". WHAT!!!!!!!!!! STUPID FOOL! WHY WAIT FOR THEM TO F**K UP!!!!!!!!!! It was late and I didn't give much arguement, but now the more I think about it, the more I should have. I'll be using our form next week for sure. We talk all the time on this forum about how worthless and careless Technicolor is. I should have remembered!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-23-1999 02:04 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have forms to sign when shipping a print via Technicolor? My experience was that they were highly inconsistant--Airborne and local couriers never left any receipt of pick-up or any other indication that the print was in their posession; only an outfit called Sky Courier left a receipt of shipping when they picked up Technicolor prints. ETS/Highway Films, by contrast, had a book of carbonless forms on which we wrote the name of the film, number of shipping cases, and date; I'd leave the book on top of the shipping cases in the lobby on Thursday nights, and the Highway Films guy would sign and date it and take his copy of the form when he picked up the prints on Friday mornings.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-26-1999 12:32 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
With all the Technicolor fun going on, I was reminded I never posted this wonderful example of TES's stupidity.

I guess whenever they finally call for the print, we'll all know someone from there is lurking on the forum!

Thomas Ferreira
Film Handler

- posted 09-26-1999 10:18 PM      Profile for Thomas Ferreira   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Ferreira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't read the labels Brad-what are the two prints?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-27-1999 05:50 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Go to the picture warehouse page and download the "Netscape" browser. You will get double the resolution on web pages with the Netscape one.

The pic is of 4 cans for "Arlington Road". Odd as this may seem, the film really does fit into 2 cans. The other 2 cans are a completely separate and brand new print. The bands have never even been taken off, leaders cut, nor film unrolled.

I called them 3 times to pick up this print and keep getting told "that's impossible" etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. Yeah well, when they tear the theater down, someone's gonna go home with a souvenir. (Probably a dozen by that point.)

Art Averett
Film Handler

- posted 09-27-1999 09:19 AM      Profile for Art Averett   Email Art Averett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The name should be changed to "TECHNOCOLOR".

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-27-1999 09:37 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to belabor the point BUT, they're at it again! Technicolor, that bastion of incompetence; that mecca of ignorance; that domicile of ... well you get the point, just called the manager of our theater DEMANDING the whereabouts of "The Muse". I think they should demand better receptionists in their shipping departments! They pulled the old send out two prints and acuse me of stealing one of them trick. Sixth grade students at the school where I teach can keep better records than these people! Naturally, we fixed the problem for them, and we did it by giving them the shipping number. Its always a good idea to keep track of shipping numbers. That saved us in this case. HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE BE SO STUPID!!! I'm so irritated right now I can't write! How dare them accuse me of stealing their "property". AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: