Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » problems with sdds

Author Topic: problems with sdds
Tim Spencer
Film Handler

- posted 06-28-1999 02:06 AM      Profile for Tim Spencer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a friend of mine who does not have access to the internet is having problems with his sdds machines. he has been complaining about them forever and i'm getting tired of hearing about it. i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips to print out and give to him to help. thank you.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-28-1999 05:13 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell him that he is not alone. The theatre I am currently at smartly avoided installing SDDS. What he probably needs to do is have a tech come in and change out the LED arrays inside the reader.

Trevor Bailey
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-29-1999 06:35 AM      Profile for Trevor Bailey   Author's Homepage   Email Trevor Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed some info directly to you. As I said in that email:

It is important to keep in mind that CCD output gain adjustment alone may not resolve the problem. In fact, it may only hide the real problem temporarily until the LED's age further. Your best bet for a properly operating unit is to have a technician experienced with the SDDS equipment do a complete reader alignment. This will entail
aligning the light pipe outputs to the CCD's as well as the timing disk on the back of the sprocket with its emitter/detector assy. Keep in mind that the unit should have, at the very least, a yearly alignment as they are notorious for falling out.

Good Luck!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: