Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » George Lucas

Author Topic: George Lucas
Bruce
unregistered

- posted 05-30-1999 02:20 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Why does everybody criticize George? Doesent he OWN Star Wars? If the film
wasn't eagerly awaited, I dont think the theaters would be so willing to sign these
wild contracts if they thought they wouldn't make the money!

I think I detect sour grapes here. If I offend anyone, I am sorry.
Bruce

Greg Mueller
unregistered

- posted 05-30-1999 02:20 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
For me, it's not just Lucas, it's anyone that forces an issue or "exercises" a
monopoly. I don't mind people making money, that's not it at all, it's just the
feeling of "the turn of the knife" in your ribs that puts me off. I feel like maybe
people like (Lucas) don't want to let other people make money. What's a theater
to do if the film dogs out after 6 weeks say, (not that it will) I guess I'm more of a
live and let live kind of guy. If it were me I think my attitude might be "we can all
make money at this, lets ride the wave and see what happens and when it dies it
dies". But thats just me

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: