Wings Of The Hawk (1953) 3D Bluray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wings Of The Hawk (1953) 3D Bluray

Thanks to Bob Furmanek and the team at the 3D Film Archive, I got to see an advance copy of the upcoming Kino Bluray release of the 1953 Technicolor western Wings Of The Hawk starring Van Heflin and Julie Adams. Wings Of The Hawk was the first film actually composed for 1.85 and contains the restored three-channel magnetic stereo which has been unheard anywhere since 1953. There is also a newly created 5.1 track those who's home theatre sound systems cannot handle the dynamic range of the original 3 channel theatrical mix. Personally I thought the original 3 channel mix sounded noticeably better. In addition, there is a audio commentary by film historian Jeremy Arnold. As an added bonus, in addition to both the 3D and 2D versions of the feature, the disc includes the 3D Woody Woodpecker Cartoon The Hypnotic Hick, which was the cartoon that played with the film in 1953.

As to the film itself, it is your typical fast moving 1950's "B" western, although this one actually takes place in Mexico during the revolution of 1910.

As I have come to expect, the 3D Film Archive team did a great job, and the film is a lot of fun with excellent 3D cinematography. If anyone is interested, the folks at the 3D archive have a web page the early years of theatrical stereo sound on their site at 3dFilmArchive.com

The Bluray is scheduled to be released by Kino on 2/9/2021.

Working...
X