Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun (2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun (2015)

This is a remake of a 1970 movie with the same title. I hadn't seen either one until I watched the 2015 version last night.

A secretary takes her boss's car for a joyride and is accosted by people she's never met who tell her that she has been seen in places she's never been. And then she finds a body in the trunk.

Is this a conspiracy or is she going crazy?

This movie has a great (creepy) atmosphere and an interesting way of resolving the story at the end of the movie.

Sounds interesting. Where did you see it? Was it something that played at your theater, or did you find it online?

Comment

It's viewable (1' 40") in a letterboxed version on YouTube, at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rJ6vMVmTxU Upload seems to have come from France, as the movie starts out in France and has some French dialog here and there, which is not translated (and doesn't show up by enabling the "CC" function.)

Comment

https://tubitv.com/movies/515210/the...gun?start=true

Comment

Originally posted by Paul H. Rayton View Post
          Upload seems to have come from France, as the movie starts out in France and has some
          French dialog here and there
          THANKS Paul & Frank! I didn't have to work last night, and I checked out the link, intending just to get a
          quick "feel" for the film, but I wound up getting sucked in and watched the whole thing. Yes, the plot writing
          had some improbable twists and holes, but I basically wound up enjoying it.
          Why?
          > TECHNICOLOR!™ ~ backed up with excellent cinematography & an assortment of photogenic locations
          > It did have sort of a 'film noir' feel- - only in T-Color & Panavision ™
          > Good (and good looking!) cast! - - ( and by that I mean both the actors and the cars they drove)
          > I learned to dive in a car like that- - only it wasn't a convertible model.
          > My high-school French finally came in handy for a few scenes!
          > Does EVERY hotel desk, bar, restaurant & sidewalk, café in France have CinZano ash trays everywhere?
          ( I think I even saw one in the petrol station scenes!)

It turned out to be a very "1970's Night" for me- - as after I watched this flick I wound up sitting through two
          episodes of "Hawaii 5-0" that were airing just as I was getting ready to hit-the-sack- although I didn't get to
          sleep till well after 2am. I've got two 35mm shows to do later today, so I really only need to be awake for
          the changeovers. . .
          Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 03-08-2023, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X