No announcement yet.

NEC NC1201L-A, service mode, and RS232 automation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if it output a string to say "I'm done doing what I was doing; you can send me another command now," that would be a big help. That would make it easy to program an automation system to avoid sending commands that won't be executed. In a Q-Sys block script, for example, I'd set up a variable called something like ready_to_receive that is set to a value of zero immediately after a command is sent, and then back to 1 when the core receives the "I'm done" string. If the user tried do do anything when ready_to_receive=0, it would return a "Projector not ready" error message on the UCI.

Comment

Or better yet...just an NACK back...so you could set a flag that the previous command has to be resent until an "ACK" is returned. Now...it is possible that NEC is sending ACKs (of some sort) and you could change your Q-SYS scripts to look for that so if not received...repeat.

On one of my components where I'm setting a fader level...to ensure I'm synced, I get the device's current fader level and if it doesn't match what I sent, I send again until I get an identical level back.

However, may automations or controller just send commands and have no way of interpreting those commands. I'm reasonably sure NEC does barf back some sort of info on each command sent.

Comment

unfortunately (or fortunately) I haven't had the pleasure of installing many NEC projectors. I am embarking on my first boothless ( ) highly Q-Sys integrated NEC install. Does anyone have a scripted component or command button module with NEC TCP/IP commands they would be willing to share?

Comment

Here you go Sean, a pretty polished plugin for NEC. All credit for development goes to Chase over at Sound Vision and Michael @ Locimation on this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! Thanks to Chase and Micheal and yourself Jay!

Comment

Likewise - this is extremely useful.

Comment

Working...
              X