No announcement yet.

DOLBY IMS 2000 Stuck ingest progress that can not be deleted or canceled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can install a complete fresh image with the ingest/update function?

About the emergency (EBUSB) boot-stick option - a colleague with a DCP-2K4 and a ShowVault some time ago had serious trouble after trying to install 2.8.x. on the ShowVault. I created a USB-Bootstick from his working DCP-2K4 running 2.6.x. The ShowVault works with that USB-Bootstick since then. However, I wasn't able to update that Bootstick to 2.8.x, the error messages clearly indicated that the USB-Stick image/volumes were missing the necessary functions to perform the update, so it stayed on 2.6.x. The 2K4 I created the boot stick from updated to 2.8.x shortly later without any issue, so, the master clearly had all the bits and pieces.
    I am thinking about re-imaging the original USB-Flash disk in the ShowVault (currently disconnected), but am still wondering why the USB-Bootstick I created seems to be incomplete? How is that possible using dd if=/dev/sdg of=/dev/sdh ?

Comment

Humm... Never had any GDC server do this unless the DCP was defective....

Comment

Wow Mark. How does that help anything? I can also state, I've had ZERO IMS2000 issues, ever...never lost a show because of them either. And while factual...that too doesn't help the situation. Conversely, every single version of GDC server, except the SR1000 (thus far) I've had cause show loss...also not helpful to the discussion. My personal failure/per-unit reliability winner, is the IMS2000. It doesn't mean there are no issues anywhere. So what's your point?

Comment

I have had one show loss so far with GDC and that was due to a failed OS drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Carsten Kurz
            You can install a complete fresh image with the ingest/update function?
            According to the Dolby tech that told me to do so, yes. /doremi holds the operating system, and /opt (which is a partition on the RAID) the configuration and settings. Apparently, uploading a software update package nukes the /doremi partition (i.e. the flash drive) and writes it from scratch.

On the emergency bootstick issue, I did have to play around with the device identifiers to get the creation to work on a ShowVault: the sheet was written for a DCP2000. I'm sure it's as you describe, but I can't remember the details now (the last time I had to do this was around a year ago). Agreed completely that hooking the little flash board via USB to your laptop and then Clonezilla-ing it is likely a more efficient way to do it, though.

Comment

I can also state, I've had ZERO IMS2000 issues,
              Steve, I forgot to ask... So you have 334 Dolby IMS in service?

Comment

In the dolby case portal - knowledge base section - there's a FAQ about EB-USB creation with links for usb images updated. There's no link for IMS3000 but they send you the direct download link opening a ticket.
                I think it's easier to use these images (and I always keep a backup or report with cues and settings)

Comment

Mark, why would you even ask on this thread? It is completely irrelevant. No I don't...still 100% up time. I don't have 334 GDCs and yet I've had failures of every model (including right now) except the SR-1000. I've retired GDC servers multiple times...I've only retired one Dolby server due to failure and then it was put back into service as a DSL library. All of the above is true yet still doesn't help this thread at all. As has been stated before...the entire world acknowledges that you have near perfect world with GDC and NEC (nobody else does, magically) but none of your little quips help people. They are just dickish.

Comment

Originally posted by Elia Orselli View Post
                    In the dolby case portal - knowledge base section - there's a FAQ about EB-USB creation with links for usb images updated. There's no link for IMS3000 but they send you the direct download link opening a ticket.
                    I think it's easier to use these images (and I always keep a backup or report with cues and settings)
                    Oh, maybe there is something more recent on the Dolby portal. As a german exhibitor, we don't get access to the Dolby Portal, only the legacy Doremi partner site. The EBUSB technote there is old (2012) and only references images up to Doremi software 2.4.4

Comment

Steve... SOmeone around here has to yank yer chain!!

Comment

It isn't my chain your yankin'

Comment

They why even comment on it?

Comment

Because you do annoy people with your unhelpful quips...there is the ever lasting hope that you just use your powers for good rather than be a dick.

Comment

Steve - cool down! It was only a reMark...

Comment

@Steve @Mark

If you guys ever decide to start a standup show together in Vegas, I'm the first to buy a ticket. Maybe you two should do the evening program at the next CinemaCon, somewhere in 202x.

Comment

Working...
                                X