Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer error

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a problem I was hoping someone here knows how to solve.
    When using my GDC TMS i'm trying to transfer my shows from the TMS to the projectors - when I try to do any transfers i get the error "can not interpret CPL" - I have done this many times before with no errors.
    Now this is popping up and its driving me nuts and I cant get anything programmed for Friday openings.

Any idea what is causing this and a fix ?

Any help appreciated !!

Thanks.

Armand,

I was surprised no one has responded yet as the group here are generally really quick. I don't have any experience with this but I did notice a similar thread in the archive. Not sure if that will help.

http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f16/t003194.html

Comment

Yes, I saw that archive already - that wasn't it though.
      I just found out that the default "data" directory had been changed by mistake so it couldnt find the actual files.
      Although why that mattered in a projector to projector transfer also ....I have no idea.

Thanks !!

Comment

It isn't clear from your post if this is a 'home-made' DCP or one from a professional distributor.
        I've occasionally encountered this issue when trying to ingest DCP's from non-professional
        sources using a GDC TMS. I've usually been able to get around it by bypassing the TMS
        and ingesting right at the individual auditorium server/projector. I know this doesn't 'solve'
        the problem, or answer your question as to what is causing it, but it does at least get my
        show into the server almost every time I've had an issue doing it from the TMS.

The old thread mentions some "DCP Verification Software" - - I have a pretty good one
        that cost me around $400 several years ago running on a Macbook Pro, which does an
        excellent job of troubleshooting DCP problems, & giving detailed error messages showing
        what's wrong if there's a problem. I like the program so much, I went to buy a 2nd copy
        last year to put on another computer, but the company is apparently no longer around.

Comment

I agree with Jim, most likely one of the DCPs you're pushing does have a problem. Can you see in the logs of your TMS what DCP causes the problem? If not, I'd try to import the entire playlist on the local server, just like Jim suggested to find out which one is causing the troubles.

Comment

I have 40 some GDC TMS and have never had that error message. Is Filezilla set up and functioning properly? That would be my first though because all my transfer issues have almost always related back to Filezilla. GDC will absolutely transfer home made DCP's as long as they are generated with decent software.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
              I have 40 some GDC TMS and have never had that error message. Is Filezilla set up and functioning properly? That would be my first though because all my transfer issues have almost always related back to Filezilla. GDC will absolutely transfer home made DCP's as long as they are generated with decent software.
              The problem was that the "data" directory in the tms config had been changed by mistake, so everytime it tried to transfer/copy an spl and associated files, it would give that error.
              I had to open the config file with notepad and change it back.

That fixed it

Thanks

Comment

Good to know. It's a bit baffling though, that the TMS so blindly starts an import on the destination server, without knowing if it has all the files itself... But yeah, we all know that proper error reporting is an afterthought nowadays.

Comment

The problem was that the "data" directory in the tms config had been changed by mistake, so every time it tried to transfer/copy an spl and associated files, it would give that error.
                  I had to open the config file with notepad and change it back.
                  I have had that happen several times and it is usually been caused by a Windows update and subsequent reboot. After that happened a few times I shut off all Windows updating. Should be no need to use notepad for that as the setting is in the TMS Config tab in the app itself. There is also a config in Filezilla to select the data drive that stores the content. Filezilla is used as the actual transfer engine in conjunction with the TMS App.

Comment

Working...
                  X