Fidelio-TS stuck at boot logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fidelio-TS stuck at boot logo

Last year one of our customers bought a Fidelio system. They work only during summer and now they have found that Fidelio-TS tablet (RK312X) does not boot. The system is stuck at Rockchip logo and does not respond to power + volume+ or any other command (it can be turned on and off).
    Have any of you had the same issue? Return&Repair is the only solution?

I have found that the long-term reliability of the those tablets have been poor (both the silver and the black button varieties). I believe the only solutions are either repair/replace. If you have a Dolby Customer account, open a ticket with them and ask. If not, ask your dealer/service agency to do so.

Comment

I have the Dolby account. As the tablet is out of warranty I was curious to know if there was a firmware image or something similar useful in this case.
      I have installed 5 tablets like this last year and this is the second broken.
      The system seems to be not reliable and I think that a simple board for auditorium number setup and channel selection could be integrated in the recharge base.
      Moreover, here in Italy there are still no dcp with HI-VI tracks, but accessibility devices are compulsory to obtain funding from Ministry of Culture...

Comment

I have no particular experience with the Fidelio-TS system, but from what I know about it, it's based on an older version of Android. I've seen similar problems with cheap Chinese Android tablets and usually this was caused by corrupted flash memory. In some cases, this was solvable by simply re-writing the firmware. If Dolby offers the original firmware (and maybe also the USB flash utility, or else, try a generic one for Rockchip chipsets), it may still be fixable, if the Flash hasn't been permanently damaged.

Comment

Working...
        X