No announcement yet.

GDC Server Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question to the OP, where you able to run the update? if yes, can you outline the processes please?

Comment

The certificate update is the same procedure as running any other software update on the GDC. Please note, you have to be a on a specific version/build before you can apply the update (e.g. 8.01 Build 300 for the SX-2001A).

Comment

I'm running on 7.8x OS

Comment

You'll need to discuss this with GDC...they required that we had the servers updated to current (8.01 build 300) and were very explicit about that. I suspect that they'll require the update or they would need to make a special version of their certificate extension just for you. Note, the change from version 7.8 to 8.0 requires additional network cabling for the security manager and I believe you have to step through some versions on your way there.

Comment

I'm running on 7.8x OS
            That's a bad thing to be running on in this day and age. That version is from 2011! And I am not sure that it can even be updated past that today.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
              You'll need to discuss this with GDC...they required that we had the servers updated to current (8.01 build 300) and were very explicit about that. I suspect that they'll require the update or they would need to make a special version of their certificate extension just for you. Note, the change from version 7.8 to 8.0 requires additional network cabling for the security manager and I believe you have to step through some versions on your way there.
              Was your upgrade successful? I was told if it fails the server will be dead.
              Is there any way you can help with a walk through? especially the network cabling part.
              thanks.

Comment

We have upgraded two servers with no cert from 7.83 to 8.01build300 with no issue. We did have to go from 7.83 => 8.0build288 => 8.0build300. We then got new certs and loaded them.

In the US, the only part not replaceable at this point is the media block. If it gets bricked during the upgrade, its lights out. It may be different in your part of the world.

The upgrade and the re certification both cannot be done without GDC support. You need files only they can provide.

Also in the US, once you have a software warranty you can do the upgrade. They have a document with the instructions, including the cabling changes.

If you do the upgrade, make sure you have an NTP source hooked up to the server and the time is correct before the upgrade. After the upgrade if the time drifts too far, you will not be able to fix it without GDC help.
                Last edited by Matt Fields; 09-07-2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Fields View Post
                  We have upgraded two servers with no cert from 7.83 to 8.01build300 with no issue. We did have to go from 7.83 => 8.0build288 => 8.0build300. We then got new certs and loaded them.

In the US, the only part not replaceable at this point is the media block. If it gets bricked during the upgrade, its lights out. It may be different in your part of the world.

The upgrade and the re certification both cannot be done without GDC support. You need files only they can provide.

Also in the US, once you have a software warranty you can do the upgrade. They have a document with the instructions, including the cabling changes.

If you do the upgrade, make sure you have an NTP source hooked up to the server and the time is correct before the upgrade. After the upgrade if the time drifts too far, you will not be able to fix it without GDC help.
                  Thank you Matt.
                  I have the upgrade files, got them before the Corona lock down, I don't want to make any silly mistakes, just asking to be sure.

Comment

I just successfully upgraded my server and GDC sent me a new certificate, but I'm unable to play a movie, I get this error "SM busy connecting to RSPB" please anybody knows what it is?

Comment

I don't know what RSPB is, but SM is the Security Manager. If your server is the same as the one that I used to have, then I think it requires a network connection between the SM card and the motherboard. Did you install a short network cable from the card to the motherboard as part of your upgrade procedure? If you missed that part, then it's probably waiting forever for a connection between them. When it boots up it will sit there for a minute or two repeatedly saying "Connecting to SM" before you can actually do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Gabriel View Post
                        I just successfully upgraded my server and GDC sent me a new certificate, but I'm unable to play a movie, I get this error "SM busy connecting to RSPB" please anybody knows what it is?
                        Have you installed the additional cabling according to the upgrade instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post

Have you installed the additional cabling according to the upgrade instructions?
                          yes. I did that during the upgrade.

Comment

Upgrade was successful, gdc extended the certificate but movie still won't play.

Comment

Did you send in your new PEMs that GDC should have supplied you to your distributor so they could make new keys? The old keys will NOT work. Even though your serial number is the same, the certificate has changed so it needs new keys.

-Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Gabriel View Post
                                Upgrade was successful, gdc extended the certificate but movie still won't play.
                                I don't remember this particular error message when certificate and keys don't match, but did you ask GDC to issue keys based on the latest update on your system?

If so, GDC should be able to assist you remotely, as long as the box is still booting and can be made accessible via the Internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X