Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to find this connector

Experts!

I was hoping someone could identify this particular connector. Specifically, I need to get one at my theater ASAP and swap it out on this board.
    1. Its from a Christie Solara One Plus, its off of the back plane.... specifically the Light Engine Quick Disconnect Board (LEQD)
    2. On this board, is the female RED connector to the light engine.
    3. We are a single screen theater. Our theater is dark, so to us this is urgent.
    4. This broke today when our repair person was doing another job.
    5. we know it has 50 pins

A. yes we are talking to Christie, but they are having trouble identifying so I'm trying my changes here.
    B. yes I would love to replace the entire board, but that would require waiting until the end of December at best.
    C. yes, I have a board expert who will swap out the connector on the board no problem.

Any leads on what the connector is, and where one can be found, please let me know!!!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like a ERF8-050-05.0-S-DV-L-TR​ from Samtec:

https://www.samtec.com/products/erf8

"Number of Positions" = 50
    "Latches" = -L
    "Plating Options" = -S or -STL (I am guessing here)

Availability:

https://octopart.com/search?q=ERF8-0...cy=USD&specs=0

BTW the Solaria Ones and Pluses do not have an LEQD. LEQD's use a Samtec QSH series connector, which, notably, is a bit more robust. When talking to Christie, make sure they know you are looking for a replacement backplane, not LEQD. Part # is 003-111666-04.
    Last edited by John Thomas; 11-11-2022, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Samtec would have been my first guess, too. They should be able to answer a request if you send them the photos.

Comment

Thanks so much for the responses and clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Mendlessohn
          B. yes I would love to replace the entire board, but that would require waiting until the end of December at best.
          Christie seem to have been hit hard by the infamous supply chain issues. A few months ago I attended a CP22200 that turned out to have had a touch panel gone bad. Christie estimated 3-4 months for a new one. They ended up replacing the entire projector (with a Barco).

Comment

Some how saying "supply chain issues" doesn't satisfactorily cover the situation. It has been, and still is, a nightmare. At least I've been flooded with dealing with component issues daily, trying to find work-arounds, and doing redesign just to keep product in stock. Forget about improving anything, offering new stuff, or trying to lower costs.

Comment

There must be something about that connector - either the way it’s made, or perhaps where it’s located
              in the projector, because I know of at least one other theater that had the same connector break on
              them during some maintenance, a little over a year ago, I think it was. In their case, they realized
              it was going to be easier to get a new projector than to get that connector or the board it’s on replaced.
              I hope you have better luck!

Comment

Working...
              X