Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cough sound scared me. Easter Egg from Sony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cough sound scared me. Easter Egg from Sony?

I've been programming and testing films in our cinema every week for the last 10 years. I've noticed a strange possible Easter Egg, in Sony films which gave me a real fright as I was testing them, alone in the cinema early in the morning. It's happened twice so far, the first was in a film called 22 Jump St, and the next was with "Mitchell's VS The Machines", both films by Sony. Just after the initial branding fanfare, during the silence between logos, there's a small cough sound, comes from the rear right surround speaker. It's recorded in such a way that it sounds exactly as if someone's sitting up in the back corner. Gives you a hell of a fright when you think you're the only one in the building. I can't see why this would be added to a film except as an Easter Egg, because it wouldn't be noticed when an audience is in the cinema, only when it's empty. I've recorded it in case anyone wants to hear it, but, has anyone else experienced this?

I found this online - see the first fact in the list - https://filmschoolrejects.com/22-jum...et-commentary/

Comment

Working...
    X