Service tech recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service tech recommendation?

I hope this is the correct forum, if not please delete it.

In need of a referral, looking for a service tech in the NY Hudson valley area who is Barco certified. Thank you.

Call Film-Tech, Cardinal Light And Sound, or MIT in CA, they are among the best... There may be other Techs that are also good located right in New York too, but not familiar with the tech's or companies in that area. Be sure to stay away from large service companies. You never know how much experience the guy or girl that shows up actually has. I heard of one theater calling one large service company and it was the Tech's second day on the job.

Comment

It was my second day on the job once! Everybody has to start somewhere, and if the large service company was managing their new hire properly, then either (s)he would have been sent to a job that could be handled by someone relatively inexperienced (e.g. swapping out a xenon bulb or a bad RAID drive), or with a more experienced tech to supervise, both of which happened in my first few months. Obviously, sending someone with very little experience in solo to replace the motherboard on an NC900 would not be sensible.

There are different Barco certifications (both level and product line), so it would be a good idea to give as much detail as possible as to what needs doing when booking a service call. This will also help to prevent a scenario whereby you need two calls, because the tech arrives, discovers that the fix needs a part that (s)he doesn't have, and then needs to come back again.

Comment

I am all set. Thank you to all who reached out.

Comment

Working...
        X