Christie ICP error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christie ICP error

One Christie CP2230 ICP will report errors like:FMT DMD File Mismatch/FMT Sequence File Mismatch/ICP reported System Error.
    This ICP become unstable.Sometime it can work for several hours then can to these errors.Sometimes,it will report errors several minutes atfer boot.
    When errros come,turn off the projector and reboot again, errors disappear.
    I swap the ICP to another CP2230,same problem. Upgrade software through TPC to 4.8 with force install all,nothing change.
    It seens can make an recovery to the ICP,but I only have the TI ICP tool,but have no firmware/username/password,any one can help to send me the files?
    Can it be fixed or should buy a new ICP?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

To me, this looks like the flash of your ICP has issues... you've already tried to upgrade to a new version. Maybe others have encountered something similar and did come up with a fix, but I'm afraid you're looking at a new ICP...

Comment

yes it looks like you might need a new one.

To recover the ICP (that is, fully format it and re-install it) there is a procedure somewhere but some time ago I was told that newer ICPs cannot be recovered. It's a long time ago and I am not sure it's actually true but that was what I was told. You might want to check with Christie for the up-to-date procedure.

Comment

You have recover procedure for Christie on their ftp where you also downloading upgrade files, service manuals etc. In fact all of them are same as recover procedure is written by TI and is same for all manufacturers. But anyway, I did try to recover 5-6 ICP's, two of them did not went ok, others did recover but after few days/houres it did behave like you're. So at end, all of them went on ICP replacement, sure it's worth to try, even I doubt it will help since you did succeed to reinstall in force way, so flash inside ICP is working, but there is some other electronic issue probably.

Comment

Christie's ICP recovery is a pain because you are going in through the TPC to get on the ICP's network. Believe it or not, I recovered an ICP in a Christie using the Barco ICP recovery program...it didn't fail out until it got to loading in the login list...which was fine because I wouldn't want it to load in the Barco login list (which it won't).

In any event, to dispel the rumors, ALL ICPs made by TI (regardless of generation) can use the recovery program for that OEM. Numerous times, I've had Barcos fail to make a complete Diagnostics package due to the ICP crashing when it is asked to contribute its part. If you run the recovery program on the ICP, it behaves properly then...just ensure that you have a good back up of your ICP to load in after the recovery or replacement.

As to the OP...that ICP has gone bad and should be replaced. I do not think that the recovery program will help you but, as others say, it is worth a try because a few minutes of time (more like 15-20) is worth to verify that thousands of $$$$ will not need to be spent. However, I think that is where you are. I've had two ICPs that I've needed to replace this month (different failure modes...one claimed it lost its certificate...its a circa 2016 ICP...so too young)...however, it was quite evident that it had many more issues than that...the recover program didn't help and crashed out around step 9. At another site, it would always fail its self-checks and again, a recover would crash around step 9.

Comment

Thanks Steve for confirming. The rumour came from a bulletin I read ages ago where one of the manufacturer said that ICP's v1.5 and beyond could not be recovered. When I asked a different manufacturer they said they were not aware of that and then I can't remember what happened as it was many years ago.
            Good to hear it was nonsense.

Comment

Working...
            X