MD-100 Monitor speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD-100 Monitor speaker

Does anyone know what size speaker is in a MS-100 monitor? A remote site says theirs is blown. I realize it's just as likely that the power amp IC is gone but also don't know what was used there.

I don't know exactly what size speaker those monitors have, and they are fairly trouble-free.
    I've only had to repair one twice. (not the same one!) Both times the unit was putting out
    raspy, distorted sound, similar to a 'blown speaker' But both times, the speaker was OK.
    In the 1st instance, it was a bad amp chip. I was able to find a generic replacement amp
    IC at Radio Shack, and as far as I know, that unit is still functioning fine today.
    In the 2nd instance, it turned out to be a power supply problem. Sound was "OK" at
    lower volume, but at high volume or loud peaks, there was severe distortion. Another
    trip to a nearby Radio Shack to get a couple of replacement capacitors fixed it just fine.

(and I really miss Radio Shack & Fry's Electronics for stuff like this!)
    Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 10-04-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

It was a full range JBL speaker. Usually it is the contacts of the IC that have issues or the pot or selector switch

Comment

Component Engineering in Seattle may still have parts or at least some advice. 206 284 9171 if memory serves.

Comment

Working...
        X