Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco Dolby 3D wheel can make HFR?

Hi guys
    Hope everythig is ok at your home and family.
    Im trying to find if the Dolby 3D wheel that we have in our barco projector can works with HFR. just to see if we can use it for next avatar movie.

Tanks a lot for your help.

Mike Moreno
    Mexico

I see that 96Hz support for HFR operations was introduced at some point with a FW upgrade. I can't really remember but I assume that implies that to have HFR with a spinning wheel you had to double flash and not triple flash. (48x2 = 96)

If your wheel is connected directly to the Barco - that is, without a DFC100 - then I cannot remember if that would make any difference, others will be more helpful for sure.

Comment

The Barco/Dolby 3D can indeed do HFR. It can do 48fps in double-flash (4:2) and 60fps in single flash or 2:2. There was a point where I set up our systems for 24, 25, 30, 48 and 60fps. If you had a non-Barco and used the DFC100...they didn't have enough combinations to handle all of the frame rate...one had to choose between 30fps and 60fps, for instance, because the DFC100 would see them as the same but the timing would be be off from a double-flash 30 versus a single flash 60.

In any event, yes, you can run HFR, up to 60fps on Dolby 3D. It all depends on how things are encoded, and the server you are using as to how successful it will be.

Comment

Thanks guys i´m going to do some test, i hope the dolby wheel still workinf fine

have a great day.

mike moreno

Comment

Working...
        X