No announcement yet.

Dolby IMS3000 package 3.5.13 has been released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I had specified the CP4415 as Christie Series 4, 4k 60, there was no more image.
    Back to series 3 and everything was back to normal.
    Is it necessary to specify the projector in the IMS3000 as Series 4, 4k 60 for 4k HFR 3D?​​​

Comment

You have to match what projector you specify to the capabilities of the projector. For instance, to use 4K/60 with a Barco S4...not only do you have to configure the server specifying 4K/60, you also have to tick a box on the projector that you are supporting that format...and, even then, it seems like it doesn't work with 2K DCPs. I consider 4K/60 still in experimental phase.

Comment

Do you? I haven't noticed a "support 4K/60" option anywhere in the Barco S4 web UI. For 4K/60 HDMI playback (as distinct from DCP) through the ICMP or ICP-D, you need to buy a license, and another one to enable HDMI HDR. But for Series 4 4K projectors, I was under the impression that 4K60 playback was out of the box, as long as the server/media block supported it. You have to buy a license for the GDC SR-1000 to do so.

Comment

If you look in the Input configuration, there is a tickbox to enable 4K60fps:

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 8.44.37 AM.png

I'm guessing, one could set up multiple input files and switch when the 4K60 content is there. But I would want to know that having the 4K60 enabled on the server side won't cause wonky images for non-4K/60 content on the projector side (I wouldn't want to have to be switching the input based on each and every trailer (or ad) in case it was 4K but not 60 or 2K anything.

Comment

Thanks - I did not know that they had put that there. There seem to be more and more options appearing in the input parameters (e.g. color space for HDMI) that aren't mentioned in each set of release notes.

Comment

They probably put some of that information in the updated manuals that seem to be coming out fairly regularly.

Oh, and the latest and greatest Barco S4 package is 1.6.9...they completely pulled 1.6.7, if you happened to install that one anywhere.

Comment

I did notice that. The release notes for 1.6.9 also mention a 1.6.8, which as far as I saw, never even made it onto the website. 1.6.8 was to "fix an intermittent issue where cooling configuration was not correctly applied on SP4K-xxB, SP4K-27BHC using the Fan Motor Controller Board (FMCB) with article number R76813245." I wonder if that bug was introduced in 1.6.7, which was why they pulled it. I only ever installed 1.6.7 on one affected model (a 27-BHC), and have now updated that to 1.6.9 remotely (don't like doing this normally, but as the bug description suggests a possible overheating risk, decided to do so).

Comment

It is not unusual for there to be versions that are never released. They never make it out of beta because something else comes along that needs to get into release so the beta is updated. I'm sure, before a release happens, several entities have to sign off on it being a release candidate. You don't want to be so fast on releases that you are constantly fixing your last release. But, once you release a new model that requires a version or change a board that requires a version, one's hand is more forced.

What is interesting is that on my three units that had 1.6.7 on them (and are now on 1.6.9), only the ICP-D was updated (one of the units was an SP4K-35B)...not anything that I would think relates to the FMCB.

Comment

I updated one from 1.6.3 to 1.6.9 and it only reported that it updated the FMCB and one or two other things (but not the ICP-D), and another from 1.6.7. to 1.6.9 that reported updating the ICP-D but nothing else! Both were SP4K-Cs.

Comment

Working...
                    X