GDC SR1000 Jnior and Christie automation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDC SR1000 Jnior and Christie automation help

Hey all, I am waiting in the forever queue to get a Dolby IMS3000 to replace this wonky SR1000 (has a bad ethernet port, and GDC refuses to replace it even though it is under warranty! )

But I'm stuck with it for now and the intermittent connectivity issues it brings. I have been wanting to get out Jnior to Kelar HLD and Christie Solaria One automation cues going, but I noticed that unlike the Dolby servers which auto-populate the username and password stuff for devices in the list, GDC does not.

Can somebody message me with the relevant login and port details for a Jnior 310 and Christie Solaria One so that the SR1000 can connect to them?

Thanks in advance!

HIt the chat on the jnior.com (integpg.com) website or email support [at] integpg.com. The guys will get right back to you with whatever you need. We wish you had a Series 4 but it should be no issue to get the 3 up for you assuming it is in good shape. They don't care if you got if from ebay.

Comment

Hey Andrew, this is Kevin Cloutier with INTEG and the JNIOR.

The Dolby IMS uses the JNIOR protocol port over TCP 9200. The default login credentials is username is "jnior" and the password is the same.

If you are wanting the JNIOR to interact with other devices during certain events (preshow, start of show, credits, etc) then id suggest using the Cinema application. You can join chat on our website and we can help you build macros to communicate with those other devices. We will try our best to help you out to achieve what you are trying to do.

Comment

GDC may have told you this already, but if your GDC SR1000 was purchased through Christie's IMB S2 exchange program then all related service concerns go through Christie.

Comment

Also, apparently Christie and GDC developed a way to route the WebGUI through the PIB port on the projector instead of the GDC Ethernet 2 port.

https://www.christiedigital.com/glob...ries-2-PIB.pdf

This allowed me to bypass the busted port all together and get consistent connectivity again. Still going to move over to a Dolby IMS so I can keep the user experience more consistent for staff, but I’ve now got connectivity to the WebGUI, and projector automation cues going. Just need to figure out how the make the Jnior and SR1000 talk nicely.

Comment

Big time shout out to Kevin at Integ for getting me all fixed up! Terrific customer service for a product I bought coming up on TEN years ago!

Comment

He recently supported product shipped in 2005. That shipped originally to Kodak for their pre-show system. So the customer didn't even buy it from INTEG.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Thomas View Post
                Hey all, I am waiting in the forever queue to get a Dolby IMS3000 to replace this wonky SR1000 (has a bad ethernet port, and GDC refuses to replace it even though it is under warranty! )

But I'm stuck with it for now and the intermittent connectivity issues it brings. I have been wanting to get out Jnior to Kelar HLD and Christie Solaria One automation cues going, but I noticed that unlike the Dolby servers which auto-populate the username and password stuff for devices in the list, GDC does not.

Can somebody message me with the relevant login and port details for a Jnior 310 and Christie Solaria One so that the SR1000 can connect to them?

Thanks in advance!
                If you are the original owner they will fix it. But if you aren't, they generally will if you extend the warranty a year. Extending it usually costs less than paying for the repair yourself. It also covers a media block failure. My customers were never really happy with the IMS series anyway, so they all have GDC's...

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post

If you are the original owner they will fix it. But if you aren't, they generally will if you extend the warranty a year. Extending it usually costs less than paying for the repair yourself. It also covers a media block failure. My customers were never really happy with the IMS series anyway, so they all have GDC's...
                  They are passing the buck because it was purchased through the Christie trade up program, and Christie is saying neither they nor GDC can find any problems in the logs, sooooooo…

The IMS is 100% more user friendly than the GDC units. Everything from the fact that the IMS user interface actually fits in a standard laptop screen, to the better pre-filled automation stuff. Scheduling is another thing that is better on the IMS than the SR1000

Comment

The SR1000's UI, compared to prior GDC UIs is significantly closer to the Doremi/IMS UI than its previous models, particular GDC's Playback versus IMS's Cinelister. Overall, I like the SR1000s UI over the classic GDC where the "Control Panel" was a sort of way station to where else you were going. I don't think that they should have removed the Automation cues from the left-hand column in the show Edit screen. I also think they should have kept the horizontal representation of the show they had (they have that on their TMS). I also find that the IMS' dashboard is infinitely better than the SR1000s. The SR1000s dashboard seems to be more technician orientated while the IMS' is more user orientated...it hits all of the high points at a glance.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's not if you like it or not. It's the customers decision weather he / she likes it or not. Customers hated the 1000 and 2000. They don't complain about the SR-1000. My.biggest complaint about it is having to access the GUI via a web browser. They have been zero trouble now for going on three years...

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
                        Unfortunately, it's not if you like it or not. It's the customers decision weather he / she likes it or not. Customers hated the 1000 and 2000. They don't complain about the SR-1000. My.biggest complaint about it is having to access the GUI via a web browser. They have been zero trouble now for going on three years...
                        I am the customer, in this equation. I have many flavors of GDC, Barco, and Doremi/Dolby servers across our 5 locations (and fortunately no longer, Christie IMB-S2!). I use them on a daily basis. I fix their issues, I create automation cues, I walk my staff through how to do this or that over the phone. The IMS series is far and away the easiest for any of my staff to operate.

Steve nails exactly the difference between the SR1000 and the IMS interface: one is designed by engineers for technicians, the other is designed by designers for end users.

Comment

"He recently supported product shipped in 2005. That shipped originally to Kodak for their pre-show system. So the customer didn't even buy it from INTEG."
                          Yeah. Years ago we inherited some of these when installing DCI compliant systems. Kodak configured their 310s in some weird ways that made them tough to make "normal". Integ support was and is still amazingly helpful.

Comment

I know some of those Kodak 310s were setup to simulate film cues. The relays can be pulsed synchronously and timed to the millisecond to this day for that reason. I am not sure if there was anything else wacky that they were doing. I am thinking that some house automation was accepting film cues and they needed to make their preshow system spit those out.

One of the Kodak guys took one of the 310s and went off and built himself a weather station.

Comment

It sounds like it was emulating foil cues on 35mm film. Some automation systems needed a certain length of foil, and used 3 cues on the film, inboard, centre and outboard. Combination of the three formed a simple 3 bit binary code. I modified a few of our simple ACOP failsafes which had a crude 'End Sequence' function, to use this. For a more polished End Sequence. A very few of my early DLP installs used GPO to trigger the ACOP. That goes back to the days when 35mm ads and trailers were still the norm and digital features were starting to take hold.

https://www.componentengineering.com/cue_detector.html

Comment

Working...
                              X