Air intake/Exhaust Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air intake/Exhaust Warnings

Shut down and board enough to run System Logs on our Solaria One. I noticed we have multiple Warnings of this nature:
    filtered air intake value. 52. using previous value 24
    Card cage exhaust value. 159, using previous value 31
    What do these mean? And why are they appearing when we're not only not running the lamp, we're not running the projector. The projector is, btw, in its own sealed AC'd booth.

Not sure, but looks like a sensor issue, and system tells you it discards these seemingly spurious readings. Again, just a guess.

Comment

It's telling you there is not enough air flow based on temperature of the card cage. I have seen this on NEC projectors when the card cage air filters on the front of the projector get clogged. It could also point out a failing fan. The ICP will also be running hotter than normal in this condition.

Comment

Solaria One logs are full of these warnings, but it's a common thing.

Comment

Usually, this is nothing to worry about.

Many temperature sensors give sporadic erroneous readings and most software implementations just silently discard those obviously erratic readings, but the Soliara One actively logs the fact that it has ignored the reading. I guess it's almost physically impossible to go from 31 degrees to 159 in the normal polling interval without putting a flame-thrower to it... that being said, sometimes that's exactly what I want to do with a Solaria One.

If the temperature readings remain high, you should start to worry and then there is probably a blockage.

Comment

that being said, sometimes that's exactly what I want to do with a Solaria One.
            Me first
            (who knew you had to have a reply with at least 10 characters with this new platform?)

Comment

maybe with a software upgrade it can be fix. if is not a fan.

Comment

Solaria One has 4 x 90mm fans aligned in 2x2 array next to the lens. the top 2 fans are air intake and bottom 2 fans are configured as exhaust. the sensor that monitors the temperature of this intake and exhaust fans are integrated on the backplane, so I would suggest to upgrade the solaria software to 4.8.1 version and clean these 4 fans to resolve this warning issue also check if the removable intake air filter is not dirty or damaged. if dirty replace these intake filter. you can also verify by removing these intake filter and run the projector for 5 minutes to see if this warning disappears

Comment

Working...
                X