Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMA8plus 64bit software

Hi All,

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction, or share a link for the 64bit version of the software for the DMA8Plus. The CD we have with the software appears to be the x86 version and will not install on our 64bit computer.

any help is kindly appreciated.
    All the best
    Peter

I don't think there is a AMD64 version of that software. But usually, you can just run x86 software on any 64-bit machine as processors still support the 32-bit instructions and almost all operating systems offer 32-bit compatibility. wWhat's the particular issue you're facing?

Comment

Hi Marcel,

When trying to install the software an error comes up along the lines of 'This program can only be installed on versions of windows designed for the following processor architectures
      X86' it also says something about failing to initialise the driver due to it being a 64bit machine not 32

I will have another go at it and see if I can get it to install, failing that I may be able to get hold of a 32bit copy of windows.
      Last edited by PeterClay; 01-08-2020, 04:41 AM.

Comment

I've not ran the DMA8Plus software for a whole while (I guess last time was about 10 years ago?), but if it needs a specific driver for the USB interface, that can be a problem. In that case, why not use e.g. VirtualBox to spin-up a Windows XP 32 bit?

Otherwise, Windows offers compatibility profiles for most software if you right-click on the executable, choose "Properties" and "Compatibility".

Comment

Hi Marcel,

We had an old Laptop with windows 7 on so tried loading a virtual desktop of WinXP on that. It did install with no errors on that however would not connect to the DMA8 through USB or network. Same problem trying with the compatibility settings. Another user has kindly PM'd me with a link to the latest 64bit software and I've now managed to install and connect to the DMA8.

I needed to connect to see what settings were applied (turns out it looks like it was never setup due to our limited original setup with a CP65), seems it was just plugged in and went with default settings.
          We currently have a CP65 without the Cat 441 card (surround & Subwoofer). I've managed to source a Cat 441 card, and will look to upgrade to proper 5.1 once that arrives hence why I wanted to check settings within the DMA8.

Comment

There is a signed (i.e. works on Windows 10 without having to faff around disabling signed driver enforcement), 64-bit version of the DMA8+ app available for download on dolbycustomer.com. If you're not registered on that site, then if you email cinemasupport [at] dolby.com, I'm sure that they'd be happy to give it to you.

Comment

I doubt the issue is with the fact that your Windows is 64Bit - Windows can do 32 and 64, I believe that 32 bit software will work just fine. More likely what Leo mentioned above.
              If you are running a Windows OS on an Intel/AMD system, it is definitely capable of x86 instructions.
              That said, get the signed 64bit version of it and you should be fine but I feel the 32bit should work as well.

Comment

Hello to everyone,

I am digging this old post up, because I need the configuration software for DMA8Plus. No matter if 32bit version or 64bit version. Where can I find it?

Comment

Email cinemasupport {at} dolby.com and ask them for it.

Comment

Warehouse > Manuals > Software > Dolby DMA8Plus 64bit software v2.5.1.0

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Miller View Post
                      Warehouse > Manuals > Software > Dolby DMA8Plus 64bit software v2.5.1.0
                      Thank you so very much! It works like a charm and thanks to it I have been able to change what I needed to change (I needed to rearrange the output channels' assignment).
                      Last edited by Riccardo Romagnoli; 01-22-2023, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X