Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutdown the IMS3000

Hi,
    up to now we have first shutdown the IMS3000 and then switched off the CP4415.
    Is it enough just to switch off the CP4415 without having problems with the IMS3000?
    The DCP2K4 found it not always great to switch off suddenly.

It seems that with ims3000 it's less dangerous. But this is Dolby statement about shutdown:
    It is very important that the IMS is shut down appropriately when powering down the Projector. Powering off the Projector without correctly powering off the IMS will likely result in Invalid Boot Sequences appearing in the Server logs, indicating an Improper Shutdown has occured. Shutdowns in this way can potentially cause severe damage to the Server, as it will not have stopped all services and powered down correctly. Please ensure that the server is powered off correctly - simply removing power from the Projector without shutting down the server is not suitable. If a Projector does not support Standby, it is very important that the server is powered off correctly before the Projector is powered off.
    As it's clearly visible in /doremi/log/drmstandby.log , why risk?

Comment

When the CP4415 goes into standby mode, the IMS3000 is switched off in a few seconds. Is that appropriate?
      The DCP2K4 needs a few minutes for this.

Comment

No. You have to shut donw the IMS from the webpage, wait that all LEDs are off an then give the standby command to CP4415.
        You may go from Light source on mode to standby directly and, while the projector does the 10 minutes cool down, you should shutdown the IMS from the webpage.
        If you have a Jnior or another external automation, you may create a macro that integrates IMS shutdown command and after a couple of minutes, the projector standby command.

Comment

While Dolby will officially say that one must use the shutdown first (thinking back to the IMS1000 where, if you didn't corruption would follow...look at various field bulletins from NEC, Barco and Doremi)...I've been assured by the tech side at Dolby that the IMS3000 is reasonably impervious to projectors being powered off without a shutdown.

For Barco SP4K, there is a delima. Barco puts the server into standby mode and then kills power. If you don't do this, then the Barco logs will show the IMS disconnection in its logs (if you do a proper shutdown). I have a site with the external NAS as its storage device and putting the IMS3000 into shutdown seemed to greatly ease that disconnection, reconnection so, I live with the error in the SP4K logs for that site.

NEC definitely puts the IMS into standby mode when the projector itself goes into standby mode. I, honestly, don't recall if the Christie puts the server into standby mode. If it does, then I'd say no, you really don't need to shutdown.

Remember too, if you do issue a shutdown...that is a 1-way action and you'll have to go full-cycle to bring it back up. Going into standby via the projector...it can be woken back up.

As Elia has noted, I use an external automation (Eprad eCNA) for sending the shutdown command directly to the IMS (or other Doremi) using the dreaded KLV commands.

Comment

And for NEC and Series 2 Barcos, full cycle means an actual power cycle. You won't have remote access to the IMS3000 until that has been done locally. For this reason, I advise customers with IMS3000s in NEC projectors never to shut the IMS3000 down via the web UI, because the NEC doesn't kill option slot power altogether when it is in standby (has power but card cage is off) mode, and it does manage the transition of the IMS3000 into and back out of standby mode. For Barco Series 2 (B, C, E, L, and S series) customers, I advise shutting the IMS3000 down at the web UI only prior to shutting the projector down by flipping the switch on the side. If the leave the projector in a card cage on but lamp off state overnight, I advise leaving the IMS3000 fully awake. These Barcos don't have an equivalent to the NEC power on but card cage off state: either the card cages are fully powered, or the switch on the side is off and they are completely dead.

Comment

I, honestly, don't recall if the Christie puts the server into standby mode. If it does, then I'd say no, you really don't need to shutdown.
              Normally Christie kills the IMB also on series 4, except if you enable IMB standby mode (with fans on all time). Obviously you'll find in logs the IMB disconnected error, but I don't see it as an issue, because you still link that error with the shutdown in IMS logs.

The statement I pasted before comes from this page https://kb.dolby.com/CinemaKnowledge...s-support-this that may be interesting

Comment

Working...
              X