Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Cox
    replied
    Earlier tonight I was told not to send back the CRU drives that I have sitting here but just to hold them for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Blakesley
    replied
    Our booker told me today that it's possible the studio offices will shut down, due to everyone's already working from home and they're running out of things to do, what with the big chains all beginning to close. So, if you're expecting to stay open, might be good to get a list of three or four weeks worth of crappy movies together, since that's all that will be available for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Macaulay
    replied
    Drive-ins may be able to open with some snack bar restrictions, but will anyone go to them with no new "big" movies coming out? And even less appealing releases may be delayed soon if hardtops keep shutting down?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Guttag
    replied
    We automate this for our customers such that their equipment will run 1-hour a week. We do this at our Drive-In during the off season and it seems to have done a decent job of keeping things functional. Note, our southern most Drive-In (Virginia) has already opened for the season and I'm sure partly, they'll do okay because one can be socially isolated while at a Drive-In.

Leave a comment:

• Dustin Grush
    replied
    As a Drive-In in the north, we are "shut down" for months every year. We have Barco/Doremi and do monthly over night power ups. Haven't had any problems doing it this way since 2013. Actually, the first over-winter we were unaware of the power-up suggestions and it was off for 5 months without issue. We are likely going to delay our opening as there isn't anything worth playing until May at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    started a topic Keeping the equipment going during a shutdown

Keeping the equipment going during a shutdown

So I've shut down.

I have a Christie CP-2210 projector and a GDC SR-1000 server. I'm wondering what I should do during a prolonged (hopefully not too prolonged!) shutdown.

I have the projector plugged into a UPS that's currently switched off. (I usually shut everything off overnight anyway.)

I'm thinking that now I should switch the UPS on to power up the projector, then press "on" on the projector to power up the server every so often to keep all of the doodads that need power happy. If I do all of that and then leave it all on that "high idle" for an hour or so, is that enough to do? Should I play a few trailers or something occasionally as well? And how often should I do any of this?
Working...
X