No announcement yet.

NEC NC1200C battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in two or three years the ICP will go bad in a way only Dolby can fix and that's if they still support it. Nice.

Is there a way to get the projector to not get angry if the power to the lamp supply is off? What I was thinking was to get a remote control power outlet and use it to turn on the power feed to the electronics. That will put the projector into standby. Then I can use DCC* to fire up the projector for a few hours every few days. But if this will only work if LPSU is powered I will have to create a way to power up the 208V feed. Not that difficult to create something with a relay particularly when it need only pass the small current it draws with the lamp off, but if there is a way to have it ignore the unpowered LPSU via some setting that would be pretty handy.

* I don't have any paths through the local firewall for the cinema gear (and hope no hacker somehow gets in anyway). But I can remote in to the booth PC and run DCC there. I get to the server via VNC and FTP running on the booth PC. I usually send keys to the booth via email or the FTP feature of remote desktop then run FTP on the booth PC to get them to the server.

Comment

No, the ICP in your case is a NEC/TI OEM part. As of now, no one will fix it, you will have to buy a new one. Given that many many early series2 systems will suffer from this within the next few years, there may come up a procedure to e.g. send in your old and receive a new one. I think there are chances for a successful ICP cert battery exchange procedure for field technicians, but, it is risky to perform this, as it only makes sense to do this with a working ICP, and who is currently willing to risk that...

Comment

Oh yeah I don't know why I was thinking Dolby. So no way around the LPSU warning? Guess I will be rigging a relay.

Comment

Working...
        X