What Model Sony DCP Projectors Are In The Drafthouse New Mission SF CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Model Sony DCP Projectors Are In The Drafthouse New Mission SF CA

I have a tech question does anyone know here what type and model number are the Sony DCP projectors inside the Drafthouse New Mission Theatre in San Francisco CA. They have just re opened at least the smaller auditoriums. The Sony's at the New Mission produce a nice bright clear image. I guess Sony does not make them anymore?

At least initially, they installed SRX-R510/515 and DS systems. Don't know if they upgraded later to the phosphor laser variants of these (810/815). Wouldn't make much of a difference picture wise.

Sony does not sell new projectors. If they opened new screens lately, these may not be Sony projectors. You should probably email them and ask.

Comment

I've been involved in two ADH installs in the last couple of years (Downtown LA/The Bloc in spring-summer 2019, and El Paso in Winter 2020-21), both of which have Barco projectors: DP4K-17BLPs at The Bloc, and SP4K-Cs at El Paso. I think they transitioned to Barco after Sony quit the digital cinema market.

Comment

It is always fun to see how architects chop up the old single screen movie palaces. The bottom half became the large room with a dual stack 515. The top became a medium sized house with a closet booth in the rear. I've seen various ways to deal with the middle tiny auditoriums, they usually end up being very awful rooms due to all the compromises. At New Mission they decided to stick the Sony 515 projectors in slide-out drawers which open into the lobby. You can see the black door for it above the sound rack closet.

Capture.JPG

Comment

Working...
        X