Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco 32B Taillight dim

Hello,
    I have a Barco 32B that suddenly has a very dim and intermittently flashing taillight. Is still green. I reseated the connection at the taillight with no improvement. Is this a concern? The service manual hasn't proved to be useful. Thank you for your help.

I've never had one do that. I've had the LEDs outright fail, however, You can check the other end of that cable...it is on the signal backplane right behind the front filter. In the image below, it is J19 and actually says "Taillight J19.JPG​​​" . It is right above the large white connector near the bottom of the board.

I forget if the Fan Controller or the Cinema Controller handles lighting those but it couldn't hurt to reseat both (providing you have the credentials to clear a marriage tamper...you WILL cause a marriage tamper if you remove the Cinema Controller. This also presumes that you are authorized to reseat the boards as well.

Comment

As a test, pull the lamp house out and see if it gives you a solid red tail light. It sounds to me like the green LED is about to go out. I have had to replace the tail light before due to the LED's going out. Should not be a concern as far as they system itself.

Comment

There are three LEDs. So it would be interesting to know if all three are dim. But, seriously, I have one site where on three projectors, all three LEDs failed on all three projectors so they definitely had a bad batch or put in the wrong current limiting resistor or something.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. It is all three, they are all the same brightness. I’ll see what the owner wants to do as far as further diagnostics today. Out first show of the year is tomorrow (drive-in) and we were out here today to get things ready when we noticed this. Was ok last week when I was here. Thanks again.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The tail-light is purely informational. If the logs are clean and the machine is behaving normally, this is one of the last things to worry about. One thing you should definitely check after months of storage is stuff like ICP and IMB/IMS battery levels.

Comment

Working...
              X