No announcement yet.

GDC SR 1000 Can't access WEBUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After much trail and error, we were able to access the WebGui by placing a router between the computer and the projector. And connecting to the IMB via the Ethernet 2 port, which would be the equivalent of Frank's gigabit 2 port..
    Slowly getting everything on the network and talking to each other. Got a doc from the Christie field tech that explains, among other things, you have to totally wipe your NAS before loading new material on it and trying to work with it. So we'll lose a few unkeyed movies and policy trailers.
    Still not up and running (need a part) but getting there.
    Thanks for the help.

Comment

you have to totally wipe your NAS before loading new material on it and trying to work with it.
      The point is that christie imb separates and renames files from DCPs. If you have a lot of spare time and you absolutely need to save some free content, you may look for each part in dcp folder and then repack them using dcp-o-matic... Or, if you still have a working christie imb, you may use a TMS to move them from the NAS.
      But generally the best solution is to clean the NAS, update it, and add new settings as specified for SR1000.
      As it seems that nobody configured your SR1000 for you, I would suggest to change the gateway as described in Christie manual: in this way you will use the internal projector router for SR control and you'll have eth2 for the NAS and eth1 for remote content/content server and similar things.
      Another thing: is your server updated? Most of SR1000 I installed were not updated to last available version.

Comment

I haven't checked the Solaria IMS for a while now (lucky me), but isn't there an export function for DCPs? If so, that may be another route to save your content, without the need of re-packaging it.

Still, the repackaging is probably less work than recreating the policy trailers, if you don't have the originals that is.

It's still strange you couldn't connect while being on the same network. To me, this still feels a bit like an IP conflict. If there is an IP conflict, your router may be connecting to another device on that same IP than other equipment on that same broadcast domain...

Comment

I haven't checked the Solaria IMS for a while now (lucky me), but isn't there an export function for DCPs? If so, that may be another route to save your content, without the need of re-packaging it.
          No: only transfer between servers. CineDigital TMS is able to read christie imb scheme directly from the NAS, but it needs the IMB board to move them.

Comment

Working...
          X